PDA

View Full Version : Brettonnian List

Aenir
12-29-2009, 12:53 AM
Currently Sitting at 1157 which consists of:

1x 8 Man KotR Unit with the Conqueror's Tapestry (241)

1x ' ' ' ' with War Banner (241)

1x ' ' ' ' with the Banner of Chalons (226)

1x Paladin (Knightly Vow) with Lance of Artois, and the Virtue of the Joust (130) *General*

1x Paladin (K. Vow) with The Virtue of Dicipline and the Banner of the Lady (189) *Battle Bearer*

1x Paladin (K. Vow) with The Gauntlet of the Duel and the Virtue of Knightly Temper (130)

My idea is to attach each character to a unit, the Bearer with the Banner of the Lady and the Virtue of Dicipline to the Unit with Warbanner to get a good Static reso.

The Unit with the Conq. Tapestry grabs the man with Gauntlet of the duel, to help maximize stuff there

then the general gets the last unit, so he can charge without worry of being shot on the charge yet can take out those annoying large (and tough targets)

Any advice with this?

Also, what should I buy next for my army?

Dwarflord17404
01-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Well I would suggest dropping a paladin and a get a scroll caddy (level1 wizzard 2 scrolls). This will give a turn of magic defense to get to terms with your foe.

I would alos suggest some archers with defense stakes to distract the foe

I would also recommend some mounted yeoman or pegausus knights to protect your flanks and harrass war machines.

I would also recommend a sledge hammer unit and you presently don't have one. A sledge hammer unit is a unit that just terrify's your oppenenet maybe some grail knights lead by a character. This backed up by 2 units of knights should do the trick.

Aenir
01-03-2010, 09:42 PM
I got a unit of pegasus knights, a trebuchet, and Jules le Jongelur

Rhoki
01-16-2010, 02:33 AM
First off, definitely agree with Dwarflord, you need at least one Lvl 1 damsel to be a scroll caddy for some magic defense, probably could use 2 at 2k, since there's a lot of magic heavy armies running around nowadays.

Another suggestion, though KoTR seem better on paper, I've found that they never do what I want them to in battle because of that damn leadership roll, KE have served me much better, are cheaper, and with the Errantry Banner, are almost as tough.

Also agree with Dwarflord on his other two points. Pegasus Knights are one of our most powerful units, and they can be invaluable. Look in to filling up a rare slot too, with either a trebuchet or grail knights. Right now all you've got is core.

One last point, at low point levels, I'm not sure if it's worth it to pick up the Banner of the Lady, that makes your BSB very squishy and very expensive. Look into maybe getting him the Gromril Great Helm instead.

Thor
01-16-2010, 07:32 AM
Hey Aenir!

I've been leading Bretonnian army for more than 6 years now, so I thought I could give you a few pointers of "on the table" value of some of our troops.

Now, most of this is my approach to Breonnia - there are others, much more diverse. :)
I like Knights! That's why I play Brets in the first place! In 1500 points battles (your first aim) I like to have:

Characters: Paladin General (usually The Jouster, or Mini-challenger); Paladin (Crazy Killer, Kamikaze, or Destroyer); BSB (Virtue of Duty is a must, and either Banner of Lady or Gromril Helm); Damsel (Lv1, Dispel Scroll + Chalice of Malfleur).
Cores: Errants (Command, Errantry Banner); KotR (Command, War Banner); KotR (Command, Conquerors Tapestry); Peasant Bowmen (skirmish, brazier, armor if there's points)
Special: Pregasus Knights (Banner); Mounted Yeomen (shields, musician if there's points)
Rare: Trebuchet (w/o yeoman craftsman)

In larger games I'd swap Trebuchet for Grail knights with Banner of Defense. In 2000+ games I'd keep the Trebuchet, add the Grails and a Challenger Lord on Hippogryph.
Personally, I hate "small unit echelons" tactics simply because it's not my style - I love sledgehammers, even if they're not the best tactics around. They seem to work for me, so I stick to them...
Now, in Bretonnian army, the most important thing to do is place the right heroes in the right units. In the above 1500 pts example, I'd place Damsel, BSB and General in the tapestry unit to form super bus. The other hero, depending on his build, would either go alone, or with the Errants, or with Grail knights if present. Use the Bowmen and Mounted Yeomen to get opponent troops where you need them and generally harass opposition. Pegasuses should go hunting ranged troops, wizards and war machines, then get some rear charges where needed.

Damn..... that's a rant right there.... :D

Hope this helped... Any questions, fire away! ;)

Aenir
03-08-2010, 12:32 AM
necropost!! :D

the 3 Pega knights havent done much for me at my local store, and neither has the treb.

havent bought much more since, proxied a damsel, she was decent... dunno if it was worth the points honestly