PDA

View Full Version : Slaanesh Biker List

DrBored
03-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Hey all. Been trying to milk a Slaanesh theme out of the Chaos Marine Codex without allying Daemons. I have this idea that I think might be nice...

Primary Detachment - Chaos Space Marines
HQ - Chaos Lord - 170
-Mark of Slaanesh, Steed, Sigil, L. Claw, Burning Brand

TR - Noise Marines (5) - 125
-Blastmaster
-Blastmaster
-Blastmaster
-Blastmaster

FA - Heldrake - Baleflamer - 170
FA - Chaos Bikers (6) - 232
-Mark of Slaanesh, Icon of Excess, x2 Plasma Guns, Champ w/P. Axe, Combi-Plasma
FA - Chaos Bikers (6) - 222
-Mark of Slaanesh, Icon of Excess, x2 Melta Guns, Champ w/P. Axe, Combi-Melta

EL - Helbrute w/Plasma Cannon, Power Scourge - 120
EL - Helbrute w/Plasma Cannon, Power Scourge - 120

Allied Detachment - Black Legion
HQ - Chaos Lord - 170
-Mark of Slaanesh, Steed, Sigil, Spineshiver, Combi-Plasma, VotLW

TR - Cultists (15) - 70
TR - Cultists (15) - 70

--

Not super competitive, but I like the idea of having lots of Blastmasters, Bikes, and a few flailing dreads on the table. What do you think?

DWest
03-12-2014, 01:14 PM
I might see about filling out at least one of those Noise Marines squads to 10; even with 3+/FNP, five guys are going to fall down dead in a hurry. Possibly swap the BL Lord for a Sorcerer to find points, as the Slannesh spells are fairly handy.

DrBored
03-12-2014, 01:43 PM
I might see about filling out at least one of those Noise Marines squads to 10; even with 3+/FNP, five guys are going to fall down dead in a hurry. Possibly swap the BL Lord for a Sorcerer to find points, as the Slannesh spells are fairly handy.

The weakness here is that none of the squads have FNP... I could bump both squads up to 10-man (end up saving about 10 points per squad that way) and then give them FNP, but that'd make them super expensive, and my troop options would be rather limited at that point. I'd be depending entirely on those Cultists for the objectives, whereas moving a 5 man squad wouldn't be too risky...