PDA

View Full Version : I need a lord of war and i am space marines

Xaric
03-08-2014, 05:21 PM
I was wondering is it against the rules to use a tank such as a baneblade (custom painted as space marines) as a lord of war? Because the thunderhawk is freaking expensive.

Talnox
03-08-2014, 05:39 PM
use the fell blade from the IA2 its a LoW just over 500points just need a baneblade chassis and http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kingslayer-Artillery-Cannons-2-/251219795002?pt=Games_US&hash=item3a7ddddc3a and http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tank-Combo-Pack-/260708566338?pt=Games_US&hash=item3cb3710542

The kit is really nice and makes the baneblade look spacemariny. I have one im still working on but its looking really good

Xaric
03-08-2014, 06:17 PM
nah what i was asking was the use of a baneblade would it be ageinst the rules to use one because i use space marines like are the super heavys locked to codex or are they a FFA model to take for any army?

Forgot to add this is for Escalation not apocalypse

What baneblade type would be good vs other super heavys because thats what i am lacking i am thinking a Shadowsword due to the volcano cannon looks great

George Labour
03-08-2014, 07:23 PM
As per the rules written in Escalation you may only use a Lord of War that's accessible to your primary detachment. As such the Fellblade is the only legal way to get a baneblade like super heavy in an Astartes force outside of Apocalypse.

The Fellblade is a space marine vehicle from the time of the Horus Heresy, and is based on the same chassis as the baneblade and other variants. Imperial Armor 2 permits you to use it as a Lord of War choice for 'modern' space marines.

There're also a couple other options in there but I can't recall which ones are super heavies and which ones are just odd land raider variants.

Gleipnir
03-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Space Marines are kinda limited in the Escalation Super Heavy department, its either Forgeworld models or Imperial Knight detachment atm

As was said Imperial Guard tanks would require an Imperial Guard primary detachment

essentially there is what is in the Escalation book and here

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/L/lordsofwar.pdf

White Tiger88
03-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Your 30k now....take Fulgrim and laugh.

Xaric
03-08-2014, 11:43 PM
well looks like ill just work around it and get a Knight

LCS
03-08-2014, 11:58 PM
well looks like ill just work around it and get a Knight

Also with the added benefit of making those CSM players mad.

Xaric
03-08-2014, 11:59 PM
Not just that its because its a really cool looking model still not sure if it is classed as a lord of war or just a allied detatchment but i dont have the IK codex :(

daboarder
03-09-2014, 12:00 AM
nope the Knights aren't lords of war, They are their own "Knight detatchment" they don't even take up your allied slot and you can use them outside escalation games.

ElectricPaladin
03-09-2014, 12:10 AM
nope the Knights aren't lords of war, They are their own "Knight detatchment" they don't even take up your allied slot and you can use them outside escalation games.

Yep. At this point I can field a pan-Imperial army featuring Space Marines, Sisters of Battle, a Knight, and an Inquisitor.

Xaric
03-09-2014, 01:05 AM
blah yet agien another way for GW to bend the rules in spite for money...

Gleipnir
03-09-2014, 01:07 AM
Yep. At this point I can field a pan-Imperial army featuring Space Marines, Sisters of Battle, a Knight, and an Inquisitor.

You forgot your Legion of the Damned

daboarder
03-09-2014, 01:25 AM

You can squeeze tau and eldar into that as well while your at it

ElectricPaladin
03-09-2014, 01:32 AM

I don't own any of those... yet.

You can squeeze tau and eldar into that as well while your at it

Not sure how that's legal outside of Apocalypse... I do play both, as well, though.

daboarder
03-09-2014, 01:45 AM
Dataslates

White Tiger88
03-09-2014, 01:50 AM
I hate you Loyalist buggers............ T_T

all i get is a lord of skulls and the baneblades....oh and Demon Lords........hehehehe Demon Lords sMASH!

Houghten
03-09-2014, 08:07 AM

Funny thing is, the Knight codex ally matrix doesn't have a column for Inquisition.

SON OF ROMULOUS
03-09-2014, 09:47 AM
IA2 opens up alot of neat tank options from forgeworld that are escalation legal and have the lords or war stamp on them. could try the cerberus tank destroyer or the typhon heavy siege tank :)

Gleipnir
03-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Funny thing is, the Knight codex ally matrix doesn't have a column for Inquisition.

None of the Mini-Dexes (Inquisition, Legion of the Damned, Imperial Knights) and Supplemental Dexes (Iyanden, Farsight Enclaves, Black Legion, Sentinels of Terra, Clan Raukaan, Crimson Slaughter) reference one another for the Allies Matrix.

Personally I just think its another FAQ waiting to happen where they either say you can't combine any of them in the same army or you can

Tyrendian
03-09-2014, 10:46 AM
IA2 opens up alot of neat tank options from forgeworld that are escalation legal and have the lords or war stamp on them. could try the cerberus tank destroyer or the typhon heavy siege tank :)

yeah that too - never liked the Cerberus, but the Typhon is an absolute beast, especially for less points than a Knight if memory serves - S10 AP1 Ignores Cover 7" Blast (or something along those lines at least...)
plus it looks absolutely brutal to boot! and the cash price isn't bad either, at least by ForgeWorld standards