PDA

View Full Version : Project: Blood God

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
03-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Hello everyone.

I just came home after a long shift to find my much awaited present from a friend on my kitchen table. Oh boy you cannot get how excited I am!

That's right! Kharn is here!

Basically, my mate noticed that I have an awesomely painted Angron, and as a present for having him over he bought me Kharn.

Now, I know what you're thinking; "Is TDA going to do World Eaters as a Horus Heresy army?" and the answer to that is I don't really know.
At first I was put off by all of the white, but I painted Angron easy enough, and both him and Kharn are super gorgeous! I love the Rampagers (bar the heads, and I can put helmets on them) and the Red Butchers. I can think of a load of awesome choppy conversions. But do I want to do them? Or would I rather dedicate myself to my favourite Legion, the Thousand Sons? Or even the Night Lords?

You'd think, having Angron and Kharn, the two main figureheads of the 12th, that I'd go for them... Who knows? Feel free to comment below on your opinions, and I'm going to think it over...

Another talking point that I want your opinions on... Helmet, or Bare Head for Kharn? Cast your vote!

daboarder
03-06-2014, 07:00 PM
I like the Bare head, if only because its different, and different is good. I understand when people say bare heads are impractical, but this is 40k. It is an exercise in the impractical cranked up to 11

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
03-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Normally I'd say helmet, but the bare head's a better fit for his pose - looks forward more naturally, judging from the FW pics.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
03-06-2014, 07:28 PM
He's quite forward, definitely reminiscent of Angron.
What do you think about my Legion conundrum?

Washed, partially built (I'm not building a lot of him, because I really want to do an ace paint job, so parts painting is the key!)

Apologies for the lens flare, it's late and the camera is like "f*ck this"

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
03-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Well, on the note of the Legion, if you were excited about painting Angron, and are still excited about painting Kharn, then you'd probably have fun with the rest of them, right?

Maybe try painting 5 basic infantry, or plastic test minis. See if you like the Legion enough to paint your way through the cannon fodder.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
03-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Ahhhhh! I like that idea, I think I may just do that. :)

interrogator_chaplain
03-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Bare head man! How else are you supposed to feel the blood against your face and the thunder of war in your ears?!

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
03-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Ahhhhh! I like that idea, I think I may just do that. :)Glad to be of service, Lord Helix. And hey, worst case scenario, Kharn and Angron get some mooks to pal around with/accidentally decapitate when on the display stand.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
03-07-2014, 03:37 AM
Good point Bird Jesus. :)

Keep voting guys, I want to hear your voices.

Psychosplodge
03-07-2014, 03:43 AM
Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabig dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness

Helmet.
Kharn back then was portrayed as learned and sensible out of battle, so he'd hardly forget his helmet before setting off.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
03-07-2014, 03:47 AM
Oooooh, controversial. Nice one 'splodgy.

What do you think about the Legion thing? Do you agree with Tiberius??

Deadlift
03-07-2014, 03:48 AM
Helmet, because it echoes the current 40k model much better, and yes do World Eaters, why not ? :)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
03-07-2014, 03:53 AM
Voting is tied at the moment, this is intense. :p

At least the matter seems clear that I should do World Eaters.

Psychosplodge
03-07-2014, 04:04 AM
Yeah I think it might be worth painting five assault marines or something to give you a better idea of whether you want to do them or not, and if not they're a nice little honour guard for your Angron/Kharn in your display cabinet*

*or future display cabinet

Wolfshade
03-07-2014, 04:04 AM
Both, use magnets and hot-swap :)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
03-07-2014, 04:06 AM
Yeah I think it might be worth painting five assault marines or something to give you a better idea of whether you want to do them or not, and if not they're a nice little honour guard for your Angron/Kharn in your display cabinet*

*or future display cabinet

I definitely agree with you and Tiberius on this one.

Both, use magnets and hot-swap :)

I think I'd be scared of losing them. :p

miteyheroes
03-07-2014, 04:49 AM
Use the 40k helmet.

Darren Richardson
03-07-2014, 08:04 AM
I voted Barehead, the helmet make him look to much like his 40k self IMHO...

Plus it's great seeing berserkers berskering :D

Psychosplodge
03-07-2014, 08:05 AM
I just don't like bareheaded space marines tbh.

Wolfshade
03-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Buy yourself your own Khan! and so you can have one of each.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
03-07-2014, 08:23 PM
But I could just buy Red Butchers...

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
03-07-2014, 09:42 PM
I usually rationalize helmetless marines as having lost/thrown it off during the battle. Kharn starts off with his helmet, rips a couple of guardsmen in half, then takes his helmet off when his lenses are covered in blood :P

Maybe even act that out on the model? Have half a splash of blood on his upper chest/neck, a clean bare head attached to the model, and the other half of the blood splash on his helmet, resting on the ground behind him.

Of course, that's assuming you feel like painting plenty of blood spatters.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
03-08-2014, 02:18 AM
That's how I would do it.

It's currently a draw on Facebook, so it's pretty much up to here.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
03-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Helmet it is!