PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Space Marines 1850

egorene
03-05-2014, 02:16 AM
Thats just some thoughts , i currently own just the Dark vengeance Models + 5 Bolter Marines + 1 rhino + 4 spawn

so any helpful comments are welcome . By the way the Heldrake is rulewise nice but i dont like the model so it wont be included .

HQ : Lord
MoT, Plasmapistol , powersword , sigil, VotlW
140 pts

Helbrute
MM ,
100 pts

9 Chosen
MoT, p-fist, claw pair , combimelta, plasma gun , champion with power mace
VotlW , Rhino with dozer ,inferno missile launcher
345 pts ( i know overpriced but i like the models )

10 CSM
VotlW , 2 plasma guns ,Champion + power sword
195 pts

10 CSM
VotlW , Melta , flamer , Champion + power sword , Rhino + dozer
210 pts

5 Jumper
Flamer , Melta , champion + claw pair
140 pts

Maulerfiend
lasher
135 pts

Defiler
flail
220 pts

3 Obliterators
MoT
234 pts

4 spawn
136 pts

makes 1850

so could it work ?

Mundo
03-05-2014, 03:26 AM
Hi there,

Good on you for trying to build a CSM list without hellturkey spam! Although the heldrake is a great unit, I think thr CSM codex has some nice other combos. Here are my thoughts on your list:

- Why are you running mark of Tzeentch on the marines? It's very overpriced unless thr model already has an invulnerable save to boost from the mark. Is it because you like the fluff? I would suggest Thousand Sons instead as troops if you want to run Tzeentch. (You will need a sorceror with MoT to make them troops)

- For fluffiness, you could take some Tzeentch daemonic allies too. A herald with a blob of pink horrors can throw out a lot of dakka, plus the herald has access to divination. As daemons and csm are battle brothers they cam boost the firepower of your csm units. (Twin linked forgefiend? Hello!)

- The defiler is just way overpriced for what it does. If you have daemon allies, a soul grinder would be better with more armour, skyfire and lower points cost.

- One option with the spawn is to run a lord on a bike with them. The spawn will ensure he gets into combat safely to rip and tear.

- When picking weapons for the squads, I would suggest focusing on anti tank (melta) or anti infantry (flamers). Also, the raptors aren't currently optimised for either. If you have to take them, maybe take melta to try and pop some tanks or MCs.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Mundo

egorene
03-05-2014, 04:17 AM
Well Tzeentch just because no one uses it except for sorcerers .
Thousend sons as troops is what i am thinking about , but there real life kicks in and tells me too no.
Money is an issue .

Defiler is just in because i can get it cheap .

Daemons are what i would like , especially the soulgrinder and the flame chariot of tzeentch .
But there i dont know where to start with them i just try to get a working CSM army and then build some daemon allies .

The melta, flamer combo is something that works for me and a snapshot kill with melta is just cool .
And snapshots with meltas are more reliable then every other weapon.

But I figured out i can build 2 meltas , 2 plasma, 2 flamer with 2 boxes of csm , so i think i will just build all of them .

Mundo
03-05-2014, 04:39 PM
No worries. You could always just paint regular marines in thousand sons colours, add a few bitz for robes and away you go. Those squads will hose MEQs, do make sure you take some solid anti-horde firepower too.

I would suggest adding to your army a few units at a time. Play around with them, see what you like and how it plays before spending all the $$$. Once you get to a decent point level (1200 or so), start throwing in some daemons.

Good hunting!