PDA

View Full Version : personal update

gwensdad
03-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Haven't been too active lately in painting, modeling, gaming, or posting. My mother unexpectedly passed away towards the end of January and I'm still in a "trying to recover" mood, dealing with finding time to find my old stuff that was still at my childhood home, dealing with family crap (we all have issues), insurance, and the obvious trying not to break down every few hours.
Anyway, I figured I'd put it out there what's been going on.

Chronowraith
03-04-2014, 08:46 PM
My sincerest condolences.

Best wishes and hopeful for a speedy return back to better times.

ElectricPaladin
03-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Oh, man... and I know that you had health issues, too. Hang in there, bro. Things will get better.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
03-04-2014, 09:54 PM
While there's little to say to soften a loss like that, know that our thoughts and sympathies are with you.

eldargal
03-05-2014, 02:05 AM
So sorry to hear that Mr Gwensdad.:(

Darren Richardson
03-05-2014, 02:57 AM
My condolences for your loss.

Remember the online community is here for you at any time if you need our collective shoulder to cry on.

Gotthammer
03-05-2014, 03:07 AM
Sorry to hear that GD :(

Psychosplodge
03-05-2014, 03:33 AM
Thought you'd been quiet.
You have my condolences.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
03-05-2014, 03:38 AM
I am sorry for your loss Gwensdad.
Here if you need me. :(

Wolfshade
03-05-2014, 03:57 AM
Sorry to hear :(

energongoodie
03-05-2014, 04:30 AM
Condolences Bols chum.

wayne williams
03-05-2014, 04:59 AM
so sorry for your loss try to remember your not alone .

60-second swordsman
03-05-2014, 06:20 AM
Awfully sorry to hear this. For what it's worth to you, the BoLS crowd seems to know you and offer their support which is very valuable, even if it might not make a difference right now.

One day at the time, dude.

Deadlift
03-05-2014, 06:59 AM
I'm really very sorry for your loss, I remember from your previous posts that you have had a really rough time of it.
I sincerely hope things get better for you and the rest of 2014 only gets better. The BoLs community really is a supportive one and even though we yank each other's chain from time to time it's great we can share with each other.
Onwards and upwards my friend :)

gwensdad
03-11-2014, 07:12 PM
Thank you. Everyone.

Kaptain Badrukk
03-11-2014, 08:11 PM
*Trans-pacific slightly awkward man-hug*
I'm rubbish at words with this stuff.

scadugenga
03-14-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that, Gwensdad.

I lost my mom back in college. It's not something you deal with easily. My best suggestion is this: take some time each day to actively find something beautiful in the world around you. See it, and consciously feel a bit of joy. It won't make things magically better, but it will serve to keep you from going in a downward spiral. Those are hard to stop once you're on the ride.

The stupid *** adage about time is unfortunately true. The hurt doesn't go away, it just gets a bit easier to deal with moving forward. The first couple years of holidays are not going to be fun. You'll need to try harder on those days to find something joyous or beautiful. If you drink, or otherwise engage in mood/mind altering behavior--I recommend taking a hiatus for awhile. For me, I was in college, so going out with friends for drinks & dancing was fairly common. I didn't touch a drop for about 6 months. Because it was all too tempting to start, and then not stop.

Peace, and don't hesitate to reach out to people, local or online.

-Scad