PDA

View Full Version : Forge World's mortis dreadnought

pnkfld7892
03-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Is the mortis dreadnought available to any space marine army?

Dalleron
03-03-2014, 08:53 PM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/s/Smupdate.pdf

says no right there, but that's only if you want to use weapons not autocannons. Every imperial dread can have 2x twin linked autocannons, as far as i know.

oh, and

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/s/Smupdate.pdf

pnkfld7892
03-03-2014, 09:49 PM
More concerned about the mortis having skyfire, but might take one anyway because forge world stuff exists but doesn't in 40k so yeah

Suttobs
03-03-2014, 10:05 PM
More concerned about the mortis having skyfire, but might take one anyway because forge world stuff exists but doesn't in 40k so yeah

you need IA Volume 2 2nd Ed.
Its a 0-1 choice for all SM codexes, unlimited (within Force Org) for DA and DA succesors.
Points are different per weapon as well.

pnkfld7892
03-04-2014, 09:06 AM
you need IA Volume 2 2nd Ed.
Its a 0-1 choice for all SM codexes, unlimited (within Force Org) for DA and DA succesors.
Points are different per weapon as well.

Why would i need IA v2? the rules are right there for free in the SM update. Either edit the ruling text on the paper itself, really not that hard to do, or just make up some fluff on why my chapter has something from the dark angels.

Tyrendian
03-04-2014, 09:41 AM

you might be thinking about the Contemptor Mortis here, for which you indeed need IA2 2nd Ed., since that's where the most current rules are...
totally beastly things by the way - expensive, but with Skyfire and Interceptor they are a great anchor for your gunline, got massive firepower (double Kheres and a Cyclone anyone? though sadly no BS5 any more...) and are tough cookies to boot, with their AV13 and a 5+ invuln against shooting

Demonus
03-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Yup my Iron Fists (Iron Hands splinter faction) one shot down a hell drake with 14 shots to the face Sunday afternoon. Sadly, it was then 1 shotted by a Greater Daemon of Khorne, as MC > Dreadnoughts in close combat :)

khambatta
03-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Why would i need IA v2? the rules are right there for free in the SM update.
Those points values are out of date. The regular Mortis now has the same Skyfire & Interceptor rules as the Contemptor Mortis.

Tyrendian
03-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Those points values are out of date. The regular Mortis now has the same Skyfire & Interceptor rules as the Contemptor Mortis.

it does? OK I was just too lazy to walk over and check my copy ;)
it's a brilliant book in any case, like all the IA books - well worth getting, and much more bang for your buck than the average GW Codex imho, at least in terms of awesome artwork and fluff