PDA

View Full Version : Tyrannic War Veterans

chillic
12-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Hey everyone

probabaly a common problem raised but i've done a search and didnt see any old threads on this.

I see Tyrannic War Veterans are still being sold on the GW website, however the current Marine Codex doesn't mention them anymore. I've hunted all over the general search engines and can only find mention that they have been removed for 5th Edition codex.

Is this because GW decided to put them in, then decided to take them out as it seemed like deviation from the Guillimans codex? If so, i'm suprised GW are still selling them as TWV's if you can only probabaly use them as regular veterans now. One of my guys has two lightning claws but under current 5th ed codex I don't think I can field him.

quite frustrated as I don;t know if they have actually been removed or if I can still use them under current rules.

Anyone able to enlighten me at all?

therealjohnny5
12-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Hey everyone

probabaly a common problem raised but i've done a search and didnt see any old threads on this.

I see Tyrannic War Veterans are still being sold on the GW website, however the current Marine Codex doesn't mention them anymore. I've hunted all over the general search engines and can only find mention that they have been removed for 5th Edition codex.

Is this because GW decided to put them in, then decided to take them out as it seemed like deviation from the Guillimans codex? If so, i'm suprised GW are still selling them as TWV's if you can only probabaly use them as regular veterans now. One of my guys has two lightning claws but under current 5th ed codex I don't think I can field him.

quite frustrated as I don;t know if they have actually been removed or if I can still use them under current rules.

Anyone able to enlighten me at all?

i don't know about the rules for the guys but you can certainly take twin LC's with a vet. He can count as a Vanguard easily or command vet. You replace the Bolt pistol with one and chainsword with other.

Cryl
12-26-2009, 04:17 AM
yeah, the old 4th ed codex rules for Tyrannic War Vets have gone but the models make for lovely sternguard / vanguard if you're an ultras player

sicarius2424
12-26-2009, 09:05 AM
yeah i had the same question and i got the same answer cryl had to move some guys around because they didn't fit into the rules (seargeant with thunder hammer got him in a iron hands tactical squad liked the looks of the hammer so i decided to use it this is when i first started so cut me some slack)

RocketRollRebel
12-27-2009, 10:35 PM
use them as gnarly sternguard. They are better than the tyranic war veterans were rules wise anyway

Majorcrash
12-27-2009, 11:57 PM
bet they make a datafile for apocalypse battles

Renegade
12-28-2009, 08:07 AM
I believe that they are now a fluff reference only. But hey, they look cool right.

Melissia
12-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Look at ithe bright side. At least papa smurf can actually claim his little smurflings follow the codex properly now that you don't get access to that unit.

imperialsavant
12-28-2009, 08:30 PM
yeah, the old 4th ed codex rules for Tyrannic War Vets have gone but the models make for lovely sternguard / vanguard if you're an ultras player

Yeah, they have gone the same way as Col. Schaffer & Gaunts Ghosts! :mad: