PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Visions: issue 2 - Marks out of 5

jonsgot
03-01-2014, 07:15 AM
Now we are over the fact it's not White Dwarf, what do you think of this months issue?

SaveModifier
03-01-2014, 02:31 PM
I really like it, some excellent pictures, great article on tau battlesuits, i'm going to keep getting it

Cap'nSmurfs
03-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Much stronger than issue one, because it's not repeating stuff we've already seen. Some gorgeous photos.

Basically, visions comes down to this: do you want a picture magazine? No? Don't buy it. If you do, it's great.

jonsgot
03-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Agree it was a 100% improvement on issue 1. Still felt like there was a lot of repeated content from white dwarf weekly to me.
I'm very frustrated with the battle reports, in both publications. Not enought words in visions not enought pictures in White Dwarf.
The tau stuff was great. I wouldn't be happy to pay £5 for it though. 10 issues left for me.

RGilbert26
03-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Er it's £7.50.

jonsgot
03-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Er it's £7.50.

That's exactly my point. I'm happy to pay £10 for 4 issues of Dwarf. I wouldn't swap 2, make that 1 issues of dwarf for visions.

Mr Mystery
03-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Er it's £7.50.

That depends........

I've had a direct debit WD Sub since 2010ish. Used to be £9 every three months.

And it still is.

So for me, Visions is pretty good value. Was round my girlfriend's today, so haven't picked this month's copy up. But shall do so tomorrow.

Bambi
03-02-2014, 12:53 AM
Whilst it looks great I just feel that it is a little too light on written content. The kit bash, army of the month and other hobby sections need about 50% more text in my opinion. The pictures would still be the main attraction but there would be a bit more variety and descriptions of pictures. Obviously this could then be an issue with the desire to have a multi-language magazine.

The battle reports have been my favourite part of white dwarf since I first started reading it some 20 years ago but neither visions or white dwarf weekly do it justice any more. The latest white dwarf weekly issue 5 doesn't even have a picture of the two armies or the battlefield and there is very little discussions of tactics and unit pro's and con's. Very disappointing.

Cap'nSmurfs
03-02-2014, 04:52 AM
I agree that the Battle Reports are unsatisfying both ways. Not enough text in White Dwarf to really get a sense of what's happening (and few pictures), while Visions has great pictures but almost no description of the battle at all. Maybe they'll rethink how they do them in a while.

Wildeybeast
03-02-2014, 07:36 AM
Much stronger than issue one, because it's not repeating stuff we've already seen. Some gorgeous photos.

Basically, visions comes down to this: do you want a picture magazine? No? Don't buy it. If you do, it's great.

Sadly it isn't that simple. Those of us with WD subscriptions have been converted to this, not real WD, which we can't even buy subscriptions for should we wish to.

Cap'nSmurfs
03-02-2014, 10:36 AM
Yeah, that's a gyp.

Mr Mystery
03-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Got it, read it, digested it.

It's better than the first issue, there is no doubt there. And since finding out I'm still paying £9 for three issues, I'm happy to give it some bedding in time.

Now, a question.....two of the Golden Daemon models feature a cyber doggy......yet I could not tell you where the cyber doggy is from! Any help?

YourSwordisMine
03-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Got it, read it, digested it.

It's better than the first issue, there is no doubt there. And since finding out I'm still paying £9 for three issues, I'm happy to give it some bedding in time.

Now, a question.....two of the Golden Daemon models feature a cyber doggy......yet I could not tell you where the cyber doggy is from! Any help?

Without seeing the picture to be sure, it could be the cyber hound that was released with some Arbites minis that came out for Necromunda.

Chronowraith
03-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Without seeing the picture to be sure, it could be the cyber hound that was released with some Arbites minis that came out for Necromunda.

Could also be the forgeworld cyber mastiff show figure from a few years ago (it came with the enforcer). I'd have to see a picture to confirm/deny but I've already decided that WHV isn't for me unless the previous month was a big/important release for me.

Tufty The Evil Goblin
03-12-2014, 03:43 PM
I'm not very impressed with Visions.
The second issue is a marked improvement on the first, but it's still just pictures.
For things like the Tau walkers I want a step by step on the building process, not just a pre-painting and a post-painting picture.
Will probably be cancelling my subscription after next issue.

Pauly Addams
03-13-2014, 12:01 AM
Why is this in news & rumours?

Lord-Boofhead
03-13-2014, 03:01 AM

Android or Cyborg?

Mr Mystery
03-13-2014, 04:08 AM
I'm not very impressed with Visions.
The second issue is a marked improvement on the first, but it's still just pictures.
For things like the Tau walkers I want a step by step on the building process, not just a pre-painting and a post-painting picture.
Will probably be cancelling my subscription after next issue.

I'm giving it a while longer. The improvement in Issue 2 was indeed marked, so I'm interested to see how it grows.

I agree on the conversions though. I want to see more about how they went about it!