PDA

View Full Version : Magnetizing a Land Speeder

ElectricPaladin
02-26-2014, 09:29 PM
I'm about to build my first two land speeders in a long while (my last two were stolen along with my Blood Ravens army more than a year ago). Last time, I just build them as typhoons, but this time I'd like to fully magnetize them.

While I'm pretty confident that I can make the underslung cannon/flamer and rail-mounted heavy bolter/multi-melta work, I'm still looking for good ideas about how to make the typhoon missile launchers fit without either leaving a gap in the model or creating bit that swivels around unattractively.

Any suggestions?

interrogator_chaplain
02-26-2014, 09:58 PM
For me, I just glued a magnet to the inside of the Land Speeder and then to the door with the missile launcher, it's about as simple as it sounds. The space is set up so that you can easily hide a magnet behind the door.

ElectricPaladin
02-26-2014, 11:13 PM
For me, I just glued a magnet to the inside of the Land Speeder and then to the door with the missile launcher, it's about as simple as it sounds. The space is set up so that you can easily hide a magnet behind the door.

Yeah... this is basically what I think I'm going to end up doing.

SanJefe
02-27-2014, 02:36 PM
I've done exactly the same recently (last week!). While the missile launchers can swivel a little if knocked, they're still fairly stable.