PDA

View Full Version : help with 2k points eldar wraith army.

kharne690
02-26-2014, 08:49 PM
I have been toying with the idea of an all wraith army. I'm very big on having each one of my armys having a strong theme. Eldar are the one army that I have never owned so any pointers and feedback would be appreciated. This needs to be fluffy as well as effective on the table top. Right now I'm working on the concept so I haven't figured exact points. So sort of what I have been thinking....

Spiritseer
2 squads wraithguard w/ cannons
2 squads w/ scyths
1 wraithblade squad with axes
4 wave serpents
2 waithknights with wraithcannons
1 wraithknight with sword 2 x starcannons, wraithforge stone (warlord)

Siris Le Osiris
02-26-2014, 09:07 PM
Wraithknights cant take Remnants of Glory unfortunately so you would need to chuck the stone on the spiritseer.
Sword Wraithknights are not so hot, I would go with a Suncannon Knight as your warlord if you want to go for 3 Knight (Though I would recommend sticking to only two so you have points to spend elsewhere).

Wraithblades are meh, esp if you don't have a Spiritseer in there as they need blessing of twilight, but you will want at least one with your D scythes so you probably need two seers
Pointswise what you've got listed there is well over 2k.

Spiriteer
2 x D scythes with Serpents (SL / HF)
2 Wraithguard w Cannons with Serpents (SL / HF)
2 Stock Wraithknights.
Already puts you at ~1900

kharne690
02-26-2014, 10:12 PM
I figured the sword wraithknight was not as good. There is just something cool about a mini titan running around with a giant sword.

Siris Le Osiris
02-27-2014, 02:53 AM
I figured the sword wraithknight was not as good. There is just something cool about a mini titan running around with a giant sword.
Problem is you are paying 290 points for a unit that looks cool but is far worse at shooting then the other 2 builds and is only very barely better in hand to hand (All the sword gives you is one reroll)
The Stock Knight @ S10 for anti tank or the suncannon for anti infantry nets you alot more and leaves you with 90% of the melee ability.
Flexability is key with Eldar esp when you have such a low model count

Spiritseer
Spiritseer
5 X D Scythes, Wave Serpent with SL, Holo, Ghostwalk Matrix <- useful so they can ignore terrain and not get immobilized inconveniently
5 X D Scythes, Wave Serpent with SL, Holo, Ghostwalk Matrix
5 X Wraithguard, Wave Serpent with SL, Holo, Shurican Cannon
5 X Wraithguard, Wave Serpent with SL, Holo, Shurican Cannon
Wraithknight stock
Wraithknight Suncannon / Sheild (Warlord)

Leaves you exactly at 2000

There isn't much point giving a Spiritseer the stone if he is going with the D Scythes as he is going to get targeted hard and you are going to have to be very aggressive moving the D scythes and Knight forward but it would make a very good and tough wall of paint for most armies.
Using Wraithguard as scoring units is also very expensive as you have huge points of troops sitting in transports not doing a lot if you use them as backfield scoring, so you could be better off dropping a wraithguard unit and their transport and investing in a couple of squads of jetbikes and a Nightspinner depending on if you want pure Wraith or not. (I would personally go for 2 stock knights over even the suncannon as the Scythes give you a ton of template AP2)

Dave Mcturk
02-27-2014, 06:30 AM
i know it needs some point adjustments but i tend to go with 5 scytheguard {+ss} but six gunguard ... or you could vice versa if you prefer ss with gunguard... but that is even more pricey... ive lost count of how many times the extra wraith shot has made the difference...

kharne690
03-16-2014, 06:23 PM
Would it be worth it to have a spiritseer sit in the back with wrathforge stone next to some stock wraithknights? Just to keep my backfield anti tank alive. And hope to roll the renew psychic power.

Siris Le Osiris
03-17-2014, 07:45 PM
It definitely can be, especially as the stone can be used from inside a serpent.
It would depend on the army you are facing and how aggressive you are being though, very infrequently do my Knights stay in the backfield :P
You get the most out of them when you use them as both AT and melee