PDA

View Full Version : 1850pts Grey Knights bala

Chanderzz
02-23-2014, 02:02 PM
EDIT Fail post... Damn iPad.

I haven't been having much luck with my GK as if late so I made this list and I'm hoping to have some luck with it. Anybody have any suggestions for what is working for them please?

GK (1850pts):

Fortification (85pts)

Aegis Defense Line (85pts)
Gun emplacement with Icarus lascannon (35pts)

Grey Knights 5th Edition Selections:

HQ (100pts)

Inquisitor Coteaz (100pts)
Bolt Pistol, Dark Excommunication, Frag, Krak and Psyk-out Grenades, Hammerhand, Master Crafted Nemesis Force Daemonhammer, Psyber Eagle, Sanctuary

Troops (985pts)

Formosan Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (105pts)
2x Crusader (30pts), 5x Death Cult Assassin (75pts)

Formosan Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (20pts)
Acolyte (4pts) Chainsword, Flak Armour, Laspistol x5

Formosan Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (20pts)
Acolyte (4pts) Chainsword, Flak Armour, Laspistol x5

Grey Knight Strike Squad (280pts)
Hammerhand, Psybolt Ammunition (20pts), 2x Psycannon (60pts), 7x Storm Bolter and Nemesis Force Sword (140pts), Warp Quake
Justicar (20pts)
Nemesis Force Sword, Storm Bolter
Rhino (40pts)

Hammerhand, Psybolt Ammunition (20pts), 2x Psycannon (60pts), 7x Storm Bolter and Nemesis Force Sword (140pts), Warp Quake
Justicar (20pts)
Rhino (40pts)

Justicar (20pts)
Rhino (40pts)

Fast Attack (410pts)

Stormraven Gunship (205pts)
Fortitude, Twin Linked Lascannons, Twin Linked Multi Meltas

Stormraven Gunship (205pts)
Fortitude, Twin Linked Lascannons, Twin Linked Multi Meltas

Dreadnought (135pts)
Fortitude, Psybolt Ammunition (5pts), Smoke Launchers, Twin Linked Autocannon (5pts), Twin Linked Autocannon (10pts)

Dreadnought (135pts)
Fortitude, Psybolt Ammunition (5pts), Smoke Launchers, Twin Linked Autocannon (5pts), Twin Linked Autocannon (10pts)

Dave Mcturk
02-23-2014, 03:43 PM
its only imo... but most walkers are naff in 6th ed... a general 5 up cover save is far worse than the 5th ed 4+ cover that was more easily available... not sure if GK can take heavy transport but it seems a better option both for 1st/2nd turn survivability and for mobility... the rhino is like a ww2 sherman, a disaster waiting to happen, a standard marine army with half a dozen can 'smoke screen' themeselves ... but three are hard to hide !

Chanderzz
02-23-2014, 04:03 PM
My plan was to flat out turn 1 and dump the strike squads on centre objectives or push forward or use the rhino for cover.

Have the dreads at the back behind the aegis line with maybe coteaz on the gun and giving prescience to one of the dreads.

Have the death cult in one of the storm raven to assault from there.

And the acolytes in reserve to come on and hold objectives.

Grey knights can take LR but they are just as prone to that lucky penning shot, granted they need higher strength weapons to do it.

I read some posts with people talking about taking the terminators instead of strike squads but I think bodies are better than the expensive armour for the moment at least in my experience.