PDA

View Full Version : Crusader Weapons changed?

Katharon
02-23-2014, 09:02 AM
Hey guys, I need help on something. Apparently GW has decided to change the Wargear option for Crusaders and Death Cult Assassins in some, but not all, of the codicies. Anyone with the digital (legit) Grey Knight codex capable of looking and seeing if it still says "Power Weapon" under the wargear description for the models I mentioned above? The reason I ask is because they apparently changed it in the SoB eCodex, to instead read "Power Sword" which -- if this is not just a mistake -- is awfully inconvenient for me.

Patrick Boyle
02-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Unless the Inquisition E-book has been updated since it's initial release, it lists Crusaders as having power weapons. I wasn't even aware Crusaders were in the Soriritas book, I thought the only non-Battle Sisters in there were the ministorum priests.

Aaron LeClair
02-23-2014, 09:33 AM
Codex: Inquisition(iBook) and Codex: Adepta Sororitas(iBook) have both the crusaders and Deathcults as power swords only.

Codex: Grey Knights(iBook) have them listed as just power weapons and show all power weapons as options. My guess would be this will change with the next GK codex to match their entries in the other codexs.

Blood Shadow
02-23-2014, 03:20 PM
The ebook version of the Inq dex stated power weapons for both Crusaders and Death Cultists, in fact I was in the process of looking at suitable spears for my crusaders......

It'll be annoying if this has been retrospectively changed....

I'm also curious what the optimum power weapon would be for both cultists and crusaders.

Merely for aesthetics I want my crusaders to have spears, though I can see benefits to axes especially as they're striking after MEQs anyway.

Perhaps a spear & sword or maul & sword would be better on the DCA so as to maintain the advantage of their high Int.

What are you guys taking?

ElectricPaladin
02-23-2014, 03:27 PM
I'd say that if you have the choice, go with axes for your crusaders. They aren't going to strike first very often anyway, so you may as well buff their Strength and AP as high as possible. For assassins, swords or spears... but probably swords. I mean, they stand a decent chance of staying stick in combat - with an invulnerable save and decent WS - so you may as well not equip them to only be good on the charge turn.

This Dave
02-23-2014, 03:32 PM
That's truly bizzare if the ebook and iBook versions of the Inq codex say different things.

John Bower
02-23-2014, 03:52 PM
Yep, my version just says Power weapons too, ebook variant.

Blood Shadow
02-23-2014, 03:56 PM
That's truly bizzare if the ebook and iBook versions of the Inq codex say different things.

Had a similar debate on whether you can ally an additional Inquisitor detachment, turns out the ebook doesn't mention it, where as the ibook specifically states its possible (apparently).

This Dave
02-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Had a similar debate on whether you can ally an additional Inquisitor detachment, turns out the ebook doesn't mention it, where as the ibook specifically states its possible (apparently).

It does specifically say you can have a Inquisition Primary Detatchment and an allied one on page 71 of the iBook version. But nowhere does it say you can have two separate allied Inquisition detatchments that I can find. Not really sure why you'd want to.

daboarder
02-23-2014, 06:02 PM
so GW has the same rules written differently depending on medium? yeah that right there is a good example of incompetence, shame that this isn't an isolated event.

DWest
02-23-2014, 08:12 PM
For Deathcults, I put together a unit where each model had 1 sword, then something else in the other hand; 3 spears and 2 axes. Makes a pretty solid charge, and there's still some AP2 available to go through heavy armor if needed.

unseelied
02-23-2014, 08:27 PM
I had heard that they changed the ebook so I re-downloaded it and it is infact only swords now.

Katharon
02-24-2014, 03:55 AM
So both of the ebook and the ibook have been updated to show them changed to a power sword in all different codicies?

Aaron LeClair
02-24-2014, 09:35 AM
So both of the ebook and the ibook have been updated to show them changed to a power sword in all different codicies?

Read my post from before for iBook rules..

Aaron LeClair
02-24-2014, 09:38 AM
I had heard that they changed the ebook so I re-downloaded it and it is infact only swords now.

Can you see if the forces inquisition page has been updated in the ebook to where you can take two Detachments if one is your Primary like in the iBook?

Katharon
02-25-2014, 09:43 AM
Sorry, I should have specified further: can anyone tell me if the Grey Knight's codex has been updated to match that of the SoB and Inquisition codices?

Aaron LeClair
02-25-2014, 04:33 PM
Sorry, I should have specified further: can anyone tell me if the Grey Knight's codex has been updated to match that of the SoB and Inquisition codices?

Like I stated before. Still weapons(in GK dex) but check the FAQ in GWs site.

Katharon
02-26-2014, 07:08 PM
Like I stated before. Still weapons(in GK dex) but check the FAQ in GWs site.

Appreciate the feedback. I've sent a few emails to GW to see about clarification on the issue. If nothing else it might bother them into changing it one of two ways.

The Imperial Fist
02-26-2014, 07:39 PM
It's not been changed in the FAQ, so until the date it is (if it is), it is still power weapons and not specifically swords, whatever SoB and Inquisition have.