PDA

View Full Version : revised 1850 tau list. comments please.

TauBoss
02-23-2014, 08:59 AM
Veterens Of Taros (1850pts)1850pt Tau Empire 6th Ed (2013), Fortifications Roster (Primary Detachment, Fortification)Tau Empire 6th Ed (2013) (Primary Detachment) Selections:HQ (160pts)Cadre Fireblade (60pts)*(Codex: Tau Empire p97)

Independent Character, Split Fire, Supporting Fire, Volley Fire

Markerlight, Photon grenades, Pulse rifle

Darkstrider (100pts)*(Codex: Tau Empire p97)

Fight on Foot, Fighting Retreat, Independent Character, Outflank, Scouts, Supporting Fire

Blacksun filter, Markerlight, Photon grenades, Pulse carbine, Structural Analyser

Elites (420pts)XV104 Riptide (210pts)*(Codex: Tau Empire p100)

Nova Reactor, Supporting Fire

Early warning override (5pts), Ion accelerator (5pts), Riptide battlesuit, Riptide Shield Generator, Twin-linked fusion blaster, Velocity tracker (20pts)

XV104 Riptide (210pts)*(Codex: Tau Empire p100)

Nova Reactor, Supporting Fire

Early warning override (5pts), Ion accelerator (5pts), Riptide battlesuit, Riptide Shield Generator, Twin-linked fusion blaster, Velocity tracker (20pts)

Troops (473pts)Fire Warrior Team (108pts)*(Codex: Tau Empire p99)

Supporting Fire

12x Fire Warrior Shas'la with pulse rifle (108pts), Photon grenades

Fire Warrior Team (90pts)*(Codex: Tau Empire p99)

Supporting Fire

10x Fire Warrior Shas'la with pulse rifle (90pts), Photon grenades

Fire Warrior Team (90pts)*(Codex: Tau Empire p99)

Supporting Fire

Fire Warrior Team (185pts)*(Codex: Tau Empire p99)

Supporting Fire

Devilfish (95pts)*(Codex: Tau Empire p99)

Burst cannon, Sensor spines (5pts), Twin-linked smart missile system (10pts)

Fast Attack (275pts)Pathfinder Team (110pts)*(Codex: Tau Empire p101)

Scouts, Supporting Fire

Photon grenades

10x Pathfinder Shas'la (110pts)

10x Pulse carbine with Markerlight

Pathfinder Team (110pts)*(Codex: Tau Empire p101)

Scouts, Supporting Fire

Photon grenades

Piranhas (55pts)*(Codex: Tau Empire p101)Piranha (55pts)

Fusion blaster (10pts), Sensor spines (5pts), Two Gun Drones

Heavy Support (437pts)Hammerhead Gunship (136pts)*(Codex: Tau Empire p103)

Blacksun filter (1pts), Railgun with submunitions (5pts), Sensor spines (5pts), Twin-linked smart missile system

Hammerhead Gunship (180pts)*(Codex: Tau Empire p103)

Railgun with submunitions (5pts), Sensor spines (5pts), Twin-linked smart missile system

Longstrike (45pts)

Hammerhead Ace, Preferred Enemy (Imperial Guard), Tank Hunters

XV02 Pilot Battlesuit (Supporting Fire)

Sky Ray Missile Defense Gunship (121pts)*(Codex: Tau Empire p103)

Blacksun filter (1pts), 2x Networked markerlight, 6x Seeker missile, Sensor spines (5pts), Twin-linked smart missile system, Velocity tracker

Fortifications (Fortification) Selections:Fortification (85pts)Aegis Defense Line (85pts)

Gun emplacement with Icarus lascannon (35pts)

Gleipnir
02-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Well its a pure Tau gunline with plenty of vehicular support that lacks for mobility on its scoring Troops apart from 1 Devilfish, not much to fear from Flyers, though without a Deep Striking or Outflanking force could be vulnerable to indirectfire, or a fast moving Eldar force(Wave serpents will do a number on you) both because of Ignores Cover and Pinning.

Results will largely vary based on mission scenario and board setup. with the two riptides obviously doing well as a take all comers unit.

Id probably suggest dropping one group of pathfinders and the Piranha to find some points for a Crisis Team w/ target lock and Markerlight drones to drop in his backfield. Works well for tagging Artillery or units out of Line of Sight letting your vehicular Seeker Missiles take them out.

Bob821
02-25-2014, 12:45 AM
Thats really hard to read 'TauBoss' which might be why you have had so few replys.

As Gleipnir points out the only real weakness is lack of mobilty in your troups... He seems to suggest taking an elite unit to rectify this though. Not sure I understand this but I'm not a Tau player and you lot are little odd! Dont be disheartened though bud there is no such thing as a perfect list and yes serpant spam would have your pants down but thats true of pretty much every one at the moment.

Bob821
02-25-2014, 01:00 AM
Darkstrider

XV104 Riptide

Early warning override, Ion accelerator, Twin-linked fusion blaster, Velocity tracker

XV104 Riptide

Early warning override , Ion accelerator, Twin-linked fusion blaster, Velocity tracker (20pts)

Fire Warrior Team

12x Fire Warrior Shas'la with pulse rifle (108pts), Photon grenades

Fire Warrior Team

Fire Warrior Team

Fire Warrior Team

Devilfish

Burst cannon, Sensor spines , Twin-linked smart missile system

Pathfinder Team

Photon grenades

Pathfinder Team

Photon grenades

Piranha

Fusion blaster, Sensor spines , Two Gun Drones

Hammerhead Gunship

Blacksun filter, Railgun with submunitions, Sensor spines, Twin-linked smart missile system

Hammerhead Gunship

Railgun with submunitions ,Sensor spines , Twin-linked smart missile system

Longstrike

Sky Ray Missile Defense Gunship

Blacksun filter, 2x Networked markerlight, 6x Seeker missile, Sensor spines (5pts), Twin-linked smart missile system, Velocity tracker

Aegis Defense Line

Gun emplacement with Icarus lascannon

Bob821
02-25-2014, 01:01 AM
Thats a bit better little dude.

TauBoss
02-25-2014, 05:36 AM
cheers for the reprint, you missed out cadre fire blade, and so did i though. When i have play tested it, lack of mobility has not been a problem. The battle was either decided before hand and objectives didnt matter due to casualties, or only one objective held the key to victory. A solid gun line with some fast reaching units is what i aimed for. Thanks you fo rthe comments tho guys.

It is hard to read, i was being lazy and copy and pasted it form Bettlescribe.

Angelofblades
02-25-2014, 09:59 AM
cheers for the reprint, you missed out cadre fire blade, and so did i though. When i have play tested it, lack of mobility has not been a problem. The battle was either decided before hand and objectives didnt matter due to casualties, or only one objective held the key to victory. A solid gun line with some fast reaching units is what i aimed for. Thanks you fo rthe comments tho guys.

So as is always the case, one has to ask. What did your terrain on the table you tested it on look like?

Like Picture 1:

Or did it look like this, Picture 2:

Because it's easy for a list like this to "percieve," superiority on an open table like Picture 1. There's pretty much no point in playing against Tau on a table bereft of LoS blocking terrain, however, play it on a table like in Picture 2, and things change dramatically. Thus Gleipnir's comments are true if you are playing on an apporpriately terrained table.

Bob821
02-25-2014, 11:56 AM

Sorry missed Mr Blade at the top!

Bob821
02-25-2014, 12:09 PM
So as is always the case, one has to ask. What did your terrain on the table you tested it on look like?

Like Picture 1:

Because it's easy for a list like this to "percieve," superiority on an open table like Picture 1. There's pretty much no point in playing against Tau on a table bereft of LoS blocking terrain, however, play it on a table like in Picture 2, and things change dramatically. Thus Gleipnir's comments are true if you are playing on an apporpriately terrained table.

Hi bud, Sorry to reply for my bro but I'm bored at work. We normally play with a high density of tall terrain. Due to most of his opponents being Choas marines, Blood Angels and some times necrons we got bored of being blasted off the table by turn two. The terrian is normaly so dense as to cause my land raiders issues getting about the board. At least as much as in you secound picture but much more solid ie less holes to shoot though.

Gleipnir
02-25-2014, 12:32 PM
Thats really hard to read 'TauBoss' which might be why you have had so few replys.

As Gleipnir points out the only real weakness is lack of mobilty in your troups... He seems to suggest taking an elite unit to rectify this though. Not sure I understand this but I'm not a Tau player and you lot are little odd! Dont be disheartened though bud there is no such thing as a perfect list and yes serpant spam would have your pants down but thats true of pretty much every one at the moment.

Yeah the Deep Striking Crisis Team is more about putting the markerlights and guns where you need them regardless of LoS, less so than scoring, especially those units he is hiding from markerlights and your Hammerheads and Riptides, Allowing you to keep the integrity of your gun line while using Smart Missiles and Seekers from the Skyray. Since a drone(preferably accompanied by a unit with a drone controller) with markerlights is more mobile via Relentless and the ability to Jump forward and away than pathfinders who would be forced to Snap Shot markerlights on the move.

TauBoss
02-26-2014, 04:51 PM

Like Picture 1:

The play test varried but most line of sight blocking tall buildings on a GW battle table. Lost my only battle on quiet and open battle field due to me being drunk lol. Thanks for the comments guys