PDA

View Full Version : Any advice on running a tourney level noise marine list 1850? Is it possible?

wh14sxb
02-21-2014, 06:00 AM
HQ- Slaanesh Lord in terminator armor with combi-plasma and lightning claw
Slaanesh Sorcerer Lvl 3 with spell familiar and a force axe

Elite- 5x Slaanesh Terminators with icon excess 2 combi meltas and 2 combi plasmas, 1 power sword, 2 power maul, 1 power fist and a champ with power sword and combi plasma
So with lord in here they can deep strike in with 8 plasma shots and 2 melta shots, if within 12" that is...

Troops- 3x 6 man noise marines with a blastmaster in each
11 noise marines with sonic blasters, doom siren and m. bombs on champ, icon of excess. Sorcerer goes here for 12 total

Fast- bale drake

Heavy- 6 havocs w/ 4 autocannons

Chaos Demon allies

HQ- Herald on steed with exalted reward

Troops- 12 daemonettes

Fast- 11 seekers of slaanesh

total of 67 models who are fearless, 5 scoring units plus 2 fast and a heavy. I think my main concern is Land Raiders, but who isn't having a hard time against land raiders?
I'm trying to be fluffy and still competitive, like tourney competitive. Having the demons around let's me negate a tzeentch 2+ rerollable. If it's Eldar I will likely try to go with the doomstone and make all those douchey warlocks devour their leadership. I think I have enough shots to ground flying circus. Or am I being too positive?

Any suggestions or considerations?

Katharon
02-21-2014, 07:37 AM
Go crazy. Have fun. Enjoy your themed army list to the fullest.

I'll just say that themed armies usually have a hard time in tournaments due to WAAC players having "optimal" lists that are based upon rule sets and not models.