PDA

View Full Version : Wolf standard rerolls

pigei
12-23-2009, 07:44 AM
The wolf standard allows once per game to reroll all dice results of 1. Does this includes already rerolled dices?
I.e. suppose that I re-roll a 1 obtaining again 1. Am I allowed to reroll it?

And what happen if I have other wargears that allows one to reroll the dice, such as wolf claws?
May I reroll already rerolled dices?

Herald of Nurgle
12-23-2009, 08:05 AM
You can never re-roll a re-roll.

MarshalAdamar
12-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Herald is correct, only one "re-roll" for a specific test.

But you could reroll say all the ones for your armor save rolls, AND then reroll all the ones for your feel no pain rolls (assuming you had a unit with FNP) because they are two different rolls.

pigei
12-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Ok, thus the answer to my first question is NO,

but in my second example I am allowed to reroll two times the dice (granted that the conditions of the wargears apply)

EmperorEternalXIX
12-23-2009, 11:10 AM
The rulebook implicitly states that you can never re-roll a re-roll, under any circumstances. So the answer is no all around.

However, Wolf Claws can re-roll the failed hits or wounds that are NOT 1's (as dictated by whichever you chose, to hit or to wound re-rolls), so they are still useful, just not as much.

Doomgrin
12-23-2009, 11:44 AM
As stated, no re-rolling re-rolls in the game, period. You do get to re-roll 1s for attacks, wounds, armor saves, Mark of the Wulfen random attack number, init test for pursuit, random distance for assaulting through terrain, vehicle penetration, vehicle damage chart results...

However to avoid being shady, make sure you declare the use of the banner as soon as the assault phase starts before any dice hit the table.

Somehow I seem to get a ton of 2's on the turns I use the banner

slxiii
12-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Except that no models that can have a Wolf Standard are also allowed to have wolf claws, so that part of the question is self explanatory. But as everyone else has said, only one reroll per dice.

pigei
12-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Except that no models that can have a Wolf Standard are also allowed to have wolf claws

you can have a wolf guard with wolf claw attached to the pack or an HQ with a wolf claw joined to the pack.

slxiii
12-24-2009, 02:49 AM
you can have a wolf guard with wolf claw attached to the pack or an HQ with a wolf claw joined to the pack.

Yes, I forgot about the wolf guard, however, an HQ will not benefit from the wolf standard as he is a separate unit for the purposes of assault.

Lerra
12-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Wait, what? I just looked this up, and it seems like you're right, but there has got to be something wrong with that line of thought.

If ICs are considered completely separate units for CC, then ICs don't benefit from their units wargear or special rules in CC. Also, their units don't benefit from the ICs special rules in CC.

By those rules, a Chaplain doesn't give any benefit to his unit . . .

DarkLink
12-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Wait, what? I just looked this up, and it seems like you're right, but there has got to be something wrong with that line of thought.

If ICs are considered completely separate units for CC, then ICs don't benefit from their units wargear or special rules in CC. Also, their units don't benefit from the ICs special rules in CC.

By those rules, a Chaplain doesn't give any benefit to his unit . . .

No, the Chaplain's rules specifically override those considerations. But to be more specific, IC's are only separate when you're rolling dice in the Assault phase. Before actual combat starts, and immediately after it ends (and before combat resolution is handled), the IC is still part of the unit. He just temporarily separates when you start rolling attacks.

Lerra
12-24-2009, 01:22 PM
But, for example, Belial's Standard Bearer gives the unit +1A. Any ICs in that squad would not benefit from the +1A? That seems odd. But, it's also very much like the Dark Angels that Belial does not benefit from his own wargear.

SeattleDV8
12-24-2009, 04:33 PM
An IC does not separate from the unit, He is only 'treated as' a separate unit for resovling attacks.
He remains a part of the unit and as such is affected by the units Banners etc.

bigman45
12-27-2009, 11:37 PM
I have some questions concerning the wolf standard.

How exactly do you use it. Can you use it at the start of the enemies assault phase and will it benefit for that assault? I ask just cause it says at the end of the discription something about the next assault phase. Like say i use it on my assault phase, it will then only work on the enemies assault phase which would be the next assault phase.

How long does it work for? Just one phase or for as long as the combat lasts.

Also when it says re-roll any one's does that mean to hit, wound and save rolls?

Jwolf
12-28-2009, 06:36 AM
I have some questions concerning the wolf standard.

How exactly do you use it. Can you use it at the start of the enemies assault phase and will it benefit for that assault? I ask just cause it says at the end of the discription something about the next assault phase. Like say i use it on my assault phase, it will then only work on the enemies assault phase which would be the next assault phase.

How long does it work for? Just one phase or for as long as the combat lasts.

Also when it says re-roll any one's does that mean to hit, wound and save rolls?

These questions all all answered in the Codex. Any one Assault phase, all 1s.