PDA

View Full Version : 1850 pt eldar... Let me know what you think.

Zigga
02-17-2014, 11:03 AM
Ok so I've been away from 40k since the onset of 5th edition and curious if this list I made is viable for tournaments... Her it goes.

Spirit seer, battle runes, shard of anaris

Fire dragons x 5 with exarch in wave serpent with tl BL, shuriken cannon holo fields/ spirit stones

Wraithguard x 5 wave serpent with tl ML holo fields/ spirit stones

Wraithblades x5 with axes/ shields with wave serpent with tl star cannon holo fields/ spirit stones

Guardian jet bikes x 5

Guardian defenders x10 with BL platform

Hemlock Wraith fighter

Warp spiders x 5 with exarch with power blades and tl death spinner

Fire prism x2 with holo fields and spirit stones

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Dave Mcturk
02-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Spirit seer, battle runes, shard of anaris
excellent ... cheap hq... makes footwraith troops

Fire dragons x 5 with exarch in wave serpent with tl BL, shuriken cannon holo fields/ spirit stones
fire dragons have to get close... really close .... reallly realllly close... imo putting any extra weapon on their wavz is a bit of a potential waste... on the upside at least they have a 3+ armour save... i tend to run 6...

Wraithguard x 5 wave serpent with tl ML holo fields/ spirit stones
again these guys have to get close, so eml will not get its range benefit ... unless you have some sneaky plan,..:rolleyes:

Wraithblades x5 with axes/ shields with wave serpent with tl star cannon holo fields/ spirit stones
i like these guys but again tend to run with 6... and again since they will have to get out your wavz is probably better with chin gun and tl shuris

Guardian jet bikes x 5
vastly improved on old codex, but 3 is enough to steal and although 5 can stop the 'easy kill' they still tend to run, put a farseer with shard in with 9 or 10 if you want them to hang around and shoot.

Guardian defenders x10 with BL platform
put your spirit seer here if you want to stop the running, i always go scatlaz... but thats just me.. and for the points cost if you put 20 out with two guns they are much more resilient...

Hemlock Wraith fighter
not a fan... im using DE allies with void bomber !... but interweb likes them

Warp spiders x 5 with exarch with power blades and tl death spinner
dont bother with ST3 AP3 powerblades ... put the rifle on him and fast shot for AP1 anti tank... again i tend to run 6 or 7...

Fire prism x2 with holo fields and spirit stones
i want to like them... i really do ... but even with guide they can miss ! night spinners are possibly better or a mixture and as ive said above a DE voidbomber is not to be scoffed at

i really like the tl bl on the wavz, but if you go that route then you might as well fill them with minimum DA at 65pts per, this keeps everything 'in a can' until you need it, i really like spiderz but they can suffer if in open v volume of fire,

if you are fielding v a regular opponent that you know then any eldar list can work, but for 'tournament' play stick to units with 3+ armour saves and the larger the better... ie 20 guardians+ warlock + farseer / 10gjb + warlock + farseer / MAX DA + pheonix lord

wherever you put the shard gives you a guaranteed 'fearless' unit ... probably the most useful thing in the new codex

i was never a fan of BS3 walkers.... spiderz used to mow them handz down... but at BS4 with built in power field they are a vast improvement... and again no morale to worry about !

good luck:)

just made it past the ton for games with the new codex:

without going into too much depth ...

am really starting to get sold on the larger gjb squads... keep a 'trio' for obj stealing but try and run at least one large squad... with or without cannons.. they are turning out to be a really good 'mopping up unit' and rear area protection, possibly better than the alternatives MAX DA, but far easier to manouver around the rear area to cover threat... just to note they are still sh1t in cc...