PDA

View Full Version : Kill Team Tournament

Chanderzz
02-17-2014, 07:03 AM
I have an upcoming Kill Team tournament and wanted to run a few lists by the community to get some input. I don't have the models yet but intend to get them and make them WYSIWYG, I've been running proxies while testing them out.

Plague Marine
5x Plague Marines - 1 with a Meltagun
Rhino with Havok Launcher

Notes:
In play testing this list, there aren't many bodies for the objective capture maps, they are hard to kill (except against poisoned weapons) but lack the melee punch to kill things back.

Chaos Bikers
5x Bikers with MON including basic Champion and a flamer
10x Cultists

Notes:
Tough fast list, still at the mercy of poisoned weapons with lots of bodies for objective capturing.

Deathwatch Counts As/ Sternguard
7x Sternguard including Veteran Sargent with Bolter and Boltgun, 1 Missile Launcher (relentless Special trait), 2x Combi Flamers

Notes:
Elite list with few bodies on objective maps, they are great at shooting but still just as fragile as the rest of the SM but fairly balanced

Eldar List
6x Warp Spiders
6x Eldar Rangers

Notes:
Short range on the Warp Spiders, lots of potential to kill yourself with doubles. It's maneuverable and quite mean!

I'm leaning towards to the Deathwatch (counts as Sternguard) as I fancy the hobby challenged of making them, but at the same time I don't want to spend time making an epic Kill Team only to get knocked out early.

Any input, advice tweaks would be appreciated.

-Chanderzz