PDA

View Full Version : Apoc Nids. BS or Eat Everything

Maskedaxe
02-17-2014, 12:37 AM
so I was looking around for some tyranid rules for apoc and I stumbled on these two data slates
so I had an idea to make these for a future apoc game and I got to thinking.
these rules for the dominatrix are a bit old so what if I give it a rule I call Brood Mother.
basically the same rules as a tervigon but with 5 D6
but I was wondering, would it be worth it.
my nids list for apc would be 5000- 6000 (depending on what else I field) fallowed by two hydrophants on the side

I would like to here some feed back to see what other players think before I dive into the sculpting of these monstrosities
let me know what you think of the rules, what you would add to make the points worth it or how big of a points list game it would be seen in

ElectricPaladin
02-17-2014, 12:43 AM
I don't really know the Tyranids, Apocalypse, or the ins and outs of such super-huge units to really comment, but I can say that - in theory - it looks really cool. I'd also add that you should begin the sculpting process immediately, regardless of the rules. I'm willing to bet that you can eventually work out some version that fits the game... so what are you waiting for? Go for it! and post lots of pics while you do!

Maskedaxe
02-17-2014, 01:13 AM
ya I will work on the sculpt as soon as I can get some clay but even if I don't use it I got something that will definitely draw attention during game day

jonsgot
02-17-2014, 03:10 AM
I'd been wondering if I could make a different sort of Bio Titan by cutting up a couple of Tyranofaxs at each amour plate and rib. I decided it would be possible but I should just spend the time doing some more work and get a Forge World model instead.

Maskedaxe
02-17-2014, 09:54 AM
it would definitely be cheaper to by a forge world titan for once.