PDA

View Full Version : Gap Filling

mocapman
02-16-2014, 05:50 PM
Hi all,

I'm back for some more advice from you kind folks :)

I am going to fill the gaps in my Eldar models and wasn't sure whether to use Greenstuff or something else? I was thinking of getting some milliput for the larger gaps and some Vallejo liquid gap filler for the really fine gaps. Has anyone used these or use something that they like/prefer?

Many thanks as always,

Wayne

LittleMen
02-16-2014, 08:10 PM
I usually use a combination of greenstuff, liquid greenstuff and super glue. A good sculpting tool and a color shaper help to smooth out the greenstuff. Greenstuff does sand but not especially well, so I try to smooth it out as well as I can while it is wet. A dab of superglue actually fills really small gaps quite well and sands easily. I'll have to check out the Vallejo stuff.

Capn Stoogey
02-17-2014, 03:28 AM
I really like the superfine milliput. It's easy to work with and finishes really well.

BrokenToad
02-17-2014, 05:52 AM
the easiest way is to pour super glue along the gap and cover it with baking soda, it instantly dries the glue which can then be sanded smooth, you can then repeat the process if needed, loads easier than greenstuff or putty

mocapman
02-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Wow! Quite a few home brew solutions there. I'll have to road test a few. Thanks all :)