PDA

View Full Version : Legion of The Damned Log

Le Scriv
12-22-2009, 06:38 PM
My Legion of The Damned models arrived today (10 days ahead of release!!) and I thought I'd try to make a log of the progress. They're pretty fantastic models.

Does anybody have tips for painting bone? I've never really been able to pull it off.

mrphatman
12-22-2009, 09:15 PM
lucky:eek:

Aldramelech
12-23-2009, 02:18 AM
Undercoat Black.
Heavy Drybrush Fortress Grey.
Heavy Wash Bestial Brown.
Drybrush Bleached Bone.
Highlight Skull White.

This works really well.

GPrime
12-23-2009, 02:37 AM
i really like the models. Its a shame you cant play a whole army of them these days:(

mysterex
12-23-2009, 04:33 AM
Undercoat Black.
Heavy Drybrush Fortress Grey.
Heavy Wash Bestial Brown.
Drybrush Bleached Bone.
Highlight Skull White.

This works really well.

Can you supply a decent photo showing an example? I've got a squad of death watch I've never got around to painting because I can't settle on a technique for painting figures predominantly black that I like.

Aldramelech
12-23-2009, 06:09 AM
Can you supply a decent photo showing an example? I've got a squad of death watch I've never got around to painting because I can't settle on a technique for painting figures predominantly black that I like.

I'll see what I can do....

Aldramelech
12-23-2009, 06:28 AM
OK. Best I can manage with my camera and limited photograph skills.

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/andyblackmore/100_0410.jpg

This is how I do all my bone and Im always very pleased with the effect.

Le Scriv
12-23-2009, 07:08 AM
OK. Best I can manage with my camera and limited photograph skills.

This is how I do all my bone and Im always very pleased with the effect.

Looks good to me! Will be trying it out after the new year. The models are assembled, now I'm just trying to use my extremely limited green stuff skills to put fire round all of their bases.

snikrot
12-23-2009, 09:54 AM
i want those models too bad they are way too expensive for me

Subject Keyword
12-23-2009, 10:17 AM
When I clicked on the picture link, it took forever to load, and I was thinking "damned JPEG..." when I looked at the bottom of the window and that's what it said.

Really pretty models.
I'm a fan of skull white with enough elf flesh mixed into it to yellow it a little bit, then I like to drybrush it in slow layers onto chaos black.

Le Scriv
12-23-2009, 04:27 PM
i want those models too bad they are way too expensive for me

It's true, they are very expensive. Too expensive. It's stupid how much they are charging for a single heavy weapon model. But I really liked them so had to pick them up. It was them or an Xbox game and there aren't any new games out so the choice was easy.

person person
12-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Mmm..Legion of the Damned if only I had the $$$, good luck with them then!

gorepants
12-23-2009, 05:26 PM
I do bone with

bleached bone
devlan mud/brown ink wash (depending on my mood, though they come up pretty similar; the ink is a little glossier and I have almost none left so tend to use the wash)
blend (or drybrush) bleached bone
blend (or drybrush) 50/50 bleached bone/white
blend (or drybrush) white

this gives a whiter bone with a blacker (less brown) shadow than Aldramelech's, but is otherwise pretty similar. The blending gives a smoother texture and will be more like what you see on a GW box, but it will take a while longer.

here's my chaplain with devlan mud wash and blending (except the teeth, which are far too small so are drybrushed)
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showpost.php?p=43271&postcount=12

Shadow Queen
12-24-2009, 07:39 AM
I have just dug out the LoD's Vet Sergeant the other day. while looking for some bitz

mysterex
12-26-2009, 04:31 AM
Cheers, thanks for the photo.

Le Scriv
01-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Finally found time this weekend to get on with the squad (ended up being much busier than expected over xmas and barely got time to work on these guys :()

Manged to get the Sergeant finished. The fire was a challange and I think I pulled it off (but only just!) Hopefully the next 9 will go better.

Anybody else started painting theirs yet?

person person
01-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Awesome, looks like it came straight outta hell!

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Looks brilliant, I might even say it looks damned good.

ok I apologise for that awful pun :P