PDA

View Full Version : Artefacts of Vulkan

FireHazard
02-13-2014, 12:33 PM
This may have been spotted before but I was just reading the bio of Vulkan He'stan in the SM Codex and I noticed this:

"Only four of the nine relics remain for He'stan to find - the others have been recovered by previous Forgefathers. He'stan himself keeps three of these recovered artefacts, whilst the other two - the forge ship Chalice of Fire and the space-bound defence laser known as the Eye of Vulkan - remain in orbit around Prometheus. Of the remaining artefacts - the Engine of Woes, the Obsidian Chariot, the Unbound Flame and the Song of Entropy - only the names are known."

Bad maths or am I misreading something?

This Dave
02-13-2014, 12:53 PM
This may have been spotted before but I was just reading the bio of Vulkan He'stan in the SM Codex and I noticed this:

"Only four of the nine relics remain for He'stan to find - the others have been recovered by previous Forgefathers. He'stan himself keeps three of these recovered artefacts, whilst the other two - the forge ship Chalice of Fire and the space-bound defence laser known as the Eye of Vulkan - remain in orbit around Prometheus. Of the remaining artefacts - the Engine of Woes, the Obsidian Chariot, the Unbound Flame and the Song of Entropy - only the names are known."

Bad maths or am I misreading something?

Think you're misreading something. It says that there are 2 in orbit and He'stan has 3 of them and 4 remain to be found. It the names are known. That's the 9 relics.

DWest
02-13-2014, 12:58 PM
No, the math is good, but the wording is a bit wonky. There are 9 Artefacts that Vulkan created. 5 have been found: 3 are wargear used by He'stan, one is a ship-based forge, and one is a defense laser. The other 4 are the Engine, the Chariot, the Flame, and the Song, and those are what the Salamanders are still trying to find.

FireHazard
02-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Yeah, you're right. I'm tired and I completely misread the first part. I cannot brain today. I have the dumb :)