PDA

View Full Version : GamesDay 2014 - Will I see you there?

jonsgot
02-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Given last year's smaller and less Games GamesDay. I'm wondering how many people will turn up this year.

Did you go to Games Day last year? Will you go again this year.

I'm going this year. I've never been before.
I'm going this year. I loved last year.
I'm going this year. Eventhough last year wasn't great.
I'm not going unless this year is advertised as being better.
I'm not going. Last year was the last straw I'll spend my money on models instead.
I'm not going. I never go.
I'm not going. It's not running in my country.

Sorry I missed off "I'm not going, I rarely go to games day".

Deadlift
02-13-2014, 08:35 AM
I'm not going. 2011 was the last straw I'll spend my money on models instead.

jonsgot
02-13-2014, 08:38 AM
I was thinking about going just to get pictures for ChapterMasters, but the lighting was so bad I can't even justify that.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
02-13-2014, 08:42 AM
I'm not going unless this year is advertised as being better

Psychosplodge
02-13-2014, 09:42 AM
IDK last year was a bit of a disappointment. The limited models will have to be fantastic to get me there I suppose.

Cap'nSmurfs
02-13-2014, 11:03 AM
I've never been!

DrLove42
02-13-2014, 11:26 AM
I@m not voting cos my option isn't there

Enjoy Gamesday, but not going cos I go to better events instead

I used to go to Gamesday just for BL and FW. SO now I got the Horus Heresy weekender instead. More time with the designers/writers, can still buy the awesome stuff but less crowded, more grown up and better quality seminars.

jonsgot
02-13-2014, 11:39 AM
I@m not voting cos my option isn't there

Enjoy Gamesday, but not going cos I go to better events instead

I used to go to Gamesday just for BL and FW. SO now I got the Horus Heresy weekender instead. More time with the designers/writers, can still buy the awesome stuff but less crowded, more grown up and better quality seminars.

Does that stop you going to Gamesday?

PaD
02-13-2014, 11:48 AM
Come to Salute instead!! Much better show - tons more games, more manufacturers, more everything!!

April 12th, London ExCeL

*yes, I'm one of the organisers! :)

John Bower
02-13-2014, 11:54 AM
not going I never go, at least since the last one I went to was pretty crap and the one before was only marginally better. :( I'd rather do salute for which I've already got my tickets, and a small show in Kent that is the same day; costs me less, and is significantly more fun to be at. :)

edit: well I'll say usually costs me less, as last time I believe I spent significant amounts more than I usually do at Gamesday ... LOL

SaveModifier
02-13-2014, 12:51 PM
I'll be going to salute, went last year, it was a really good show, I'll probably go to games day, more because I had a fun day out with my mates than anything else

Houghten
02-13-2014, 02:04 PM
If it's in the NIA again, I'll stay well away and just buy the 2014 model off eBay.

Might very well go to Salute though. Even just viewed from the perspective of a big shop, I can't buy DZC at Games Day...

Deadlift
02-13-2014, 04:40 PM
I will be honest, the two times I've been I've hated it. I just don't enjoy being jostled around by squeaky little oiks. The "in role" commissars / cosplayers generally get up my nose too.

Wolfshade
02-13-2014, 05:02 PM
I am tempted, but then again it is on my doorstep. A lot will depend on whether or not I have sold my house by then.

interrogator_chaplain
02-13-2014, 07:55 PM
I went all the way from Canada to the U.K. Gamesday, only to find out that they completely forgot about the "Games". Although, I would've never had a chance as I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off taking photo's and meeting Black Library types! (Asking Dan Abnett when they're going to advance past the 41st millennium into the 42nd.) It was nowhere near as good as any of the Gamesday's we had back home. That honour still belongs to my first Gamesday in 2001, where they had a huge Necrons (Just released at that point!) vs. Ultramarines mega battle and I got to use one of the brand new Warhound Titans. They really hooked me in that day, but the real kicker was heading into the GW in Mississagua earlier that morning and Phil Kelley, Jes Goodwin and Alex Boyd (Artist) all showed up for an impromptu meet and greet and they all signed my Skaven army book. (Alex Boyd gave me one of the coolest tidbits on how he works: "I don't have nightmares, I draw them.")

Long story short, I'm not going. It's not running in my country.

jonsgot
02-14-2014, 02:18 AM
If it's in the NIA again, I'll stay well away and just buy the 2014 model off eBay..

The NIA has held great games days. They just need to orginsise the whole sales area like forge world so it doesn't take up half the main hall. If I want to browse GW Birmingham is in walking distance.
Have golden demon or more displays in then main hall and make the queue for sales more interesting with displays or art work to look at while you are stood in it. The mother of all queue in 2011 was made a lot better due to it's snaking around the hall between the tables.

Mrchilidog
02-14-2014, 09:09 PM
Is there going to BE a GamesDay this year? I haven't heard a word about it and Forge World doesn't have it listed on their calendar of events. I went Memphis last year, it was alright, nothing spectacular. I would go again this year just for the adventure of the trip, and the good barbeque of Memphis.

jonsgot
02-16-2014, 02:54 AM
Is there going to BE a GamesDay this year? I haven't heard a word about it and Forge World doesn't have it listed on their calendar of events. I went Memphis last year, it was alright, nothing spectacular. I would go again this year just for the adventure of the trip, and the good barbeque of Memphis.

It's a good question, but there still this page on the website under the heading of games day. While I could see GW taking a year off games day, I can't imagine there won't be a Golden Demon. Of courses it could all end up as a competitor only event at warhammer world.

jonsgot
02-17-2014, 03:43 AM
Thanks to all those who have voted, while not a statistical valid sample. I hope GW takes notice and tries again.

Game Day is the highlight of the hobby year for me. I hope it will be again.