PDA

View Full Version : The Army of Averland, A Warmaster project log

Davout
08-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Hey everyone, I've been a long time reader of BoLS and am excited to explore a new forum community. So to get started, I've got this log running over at Warseer but I'd be interested to get comments and feedback from a different audience.

I've been a long time painter of GW's 28mm figs but last winter I got a weird itch to go smaller. Epic minis never really appealed to me so I decided to check out the Warmaster range. I picked up a couple of blisters and was very impressed by the level of detail on these little guys. I've always loved the look of the Empire and decided to paint up an army from my favorite provence, Averland. To start I'll show off the units that I've already finished. All comments are welcome.

The “Line Breakers” are a regiment of state troops with a distinguished history. First raised over 50 years ago in response to an orc incursion through the Black Fire pass the regiment won renown at the decisive battle of Grenzstadt. Led by their colonel, Kohl Haperzein, the regiment used their halberds to devastating effect and broke the orc battle line at a critical juncture, allowing an order of knights to sweep in and throw the orc army back on its heels. The regiment is currently commanded by Kohl Haperzein’s son, Konrad and is stationed between Heideck and Grenzstadt patrolling the old dwarf road.

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/picture.php?albumid=18&pictureid=53

Thanks