PDA

View Full Version : Am I being stupid?

TauBoss
02-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Only a quick one on vehicle movement. Can I move my fast skimmer (tau) 18 inches in the movement phase then another 12 inches in the shooting phase if it does not shoot. Or am I adding movement from thin air?

Thanks

Lord Krungharr
02-10-2014, 03:14 PM
No, vehicles can only move up to 12" in the movement phase. But the fast vehicles can fire a single weapon at full Ballistic Skill when moving 12", and the rest as Snap Shots (non-fast vehicles can only move 6" and do that).

Not sure about the going Flat Out instead of shooting, that's usually only 6".

Nabterayl
02-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Fast Skimmers can move 18" when moving Flat Out (page 83). But they can still only move up to 12" in the Movement phase.

Pssyche
02-10-2014, 04:30 PM
But the fast vehicles can fire a single weapon at full Ballistic Skill when moving 12".

Not true.
Fast Vehicles moving at Combat Speed (up to 6") can Fire all Weapons at full BS.
Fast Vehicles moving at Cruising Speed (+6”-12") can Fire TWO Weapons at full BS and the rest as Snap Shots.

Rulebook p.83.

Charistoph
02-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Only a quick one on vehicle movement. Can I move my fast skimmer (tau) 18 inches in the movement phase then another 12 inches in the shooting phase if it does not shoot. Or am I adding movement from thin air?

Thanks

Well, not stupid, just dyslexic because:

Fast Skimmers can move 18" when moving Flat Out (page 83). But they can still only move up to 12" in the Movement phase.

TauBoss
02-11-2014, 01:41 AM
Thank you for all the replies guys. Thank you for clearing it up.

Dave Mcturk
02-11-2014, 05:35 AM
another example of green wombles poor rules development...

lots of units get to move after shooting... even eldar war walkers {battle focus}... but not FAST skimmers... ?

a SLOW skimmer is just a 'hover tank' ...

but a FAST skimmer is like a helicopter !

euansmith
02-11-2014, 04:20 PM
@Dave Mcturk, you are being unfair to wombles; they clean mess up instead of creating it :D

Da Gargoyle
02-13-2014, 02:20 AM
Vis a vis the movement - turbo boost process. Does this mean that as you stop the movement in the movement phase, and start again in the shooting phase, that you have to test for dangerous ground in both phases? I have argued against it on the basis that it is all meant to be one movement. Also it could potentially mean four dangerous terrain tests in one turn.