PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Footcron list

BananaDynasty
02-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Necron Overlord
Warscythe, Resurrection Orb, Sempiternal Weave, Mindshackle Scarabs, Phase Shifter
Necron Lord #1
Resurrection Orb
Necron Lord #2
Resurrection Orb
Cryptek
Harbinger of Destruction, Gaze of Flame, Solar Pulse

Necron Warriors x20
w/ Overlord & Cryptek
Necron Warriors x10
Necron Immortals x10
w/ Tesla Carbines, Lord #1
Necron Immortals x10
w/ Tesla Carbines, Lord #2

Annihilation Barge
Tesla Cannon
Annihilation Barge
Tesla Cannon
Annihilation Barge
Tesla Cannon

Aegis Defence Line
Quad Gun, Manned by 10 man warrior unit

The Overlord is just a combat monster and can kill just about everything but has massive survivability thanks to the 2+/3++. My large unit of warriors is the work horse of the army that marches up the board with the beefed up overlord and cryptek killing light infantry and any problem vehicle using the huge volume of fire power it can pour down range. My immortals are dedicated anti infantry and I'm using the lords to boost their survivability and help to increase the units fire power. The barges do what barges do and that's everything from killing flyers, monstrous creatures, light/medium tank killing or butchering troops and finally the quad gun will sit there, look pretty and kill any flyers or threaten units from reserve. I have had relative success testing with this against space wolves, tau and chaos space marines but I have yet to play against eldar or taudar. Suggestions and comments welcome.

Dave Mcturk
02-10-2014, 09:26 AM
the 10 man immortal units are really nasty v any T3 troops... the warriors not so much ... but the 20 man blob keeps the warlord alive and has a threat bubble...

ive never SEEN anyone have much success with the barges... but the interweb seems to like them ... :rolleyes:

the necron unit i HATE to play against is those slimy wraith... 3+ invulnerable saves and the gubbins... :mad:

karandras
02-10-2014, 09:34 AM
This is a nice horde of Necrons, but honestly the lack of mobility should doom you in any objective based missions. Bring a pair of Night Scythes with 5 man Warrior squads. You don't need 4 or 6 of them like the internet tells you, but two is a must. If you are completely opposed to Night Scythes, then you could run a Monolith, but it is not even remotely close to being as useful. Bringing the Night Scythes allows you to drop the Aegis and use those 10 warriors in the Scythes, so you really only need to free up a few points. Lose one of the Annhilation Barges to make it happen.

I would also advise running the Lords with Semipateral Weave, Warscythe, and Mindshackle. The Res Orb is expensive and unneccesary.

The other issue here is that you have no melee units. A unit of 6 Wraiths led by a Destroyer Lord is simply more effective than that 20 man blob led by an Overlord. It's not scoring, but it's better in every conceivable way. If you are opposed to Wraiths, try 8-10 Scarabs led by a Destroyer Lord. They really benefit from the inclusion of 3 Spiders in the army though.

In the current tournament scene spammed with Daemons, I don't leave home without a Gloom Prism. Can be a game changer for 15 points.

Good Luck!

Dave Mcturk
02-11-2014, 05:38 AM
wtf is a gloom prism ! ... :eek:

time to plod through the cron codex again !

Angelofblades
02-11-2014, 11:39 AM
wtf is a gloom prism ! ... :eek:

time to plod through the cron codex again !

iirc, it nullifies a psychic power that targets a freindly necron unit within a certain range on a 4+

Dave Mcturk
02-12-2014, 07:32 AM
iirc, it nullifies a psychic power that targets a freindly necron unit within a certain range on a 4+

lol... my oppo almost always manages his dispel the witch on '6' ... so he wont be needing his 'gloom prism' any time soon... :cool:

but ta for the hdz up :)

karandras
02-13-2014, 08:07 AM
You can equip a Spider with a Doom Prism for 15 points. Any psychic spell that targets the Spider or any other unit that has at least one model within 6" of the Spider is nullified on a roll of 4+. This is in addition to deny the witch, so you basically get a 4+ followed by a 6+ to prevent your units from being targeted by psychic spells.

BananaDynasty
02-18-2014, 11:49 AM
In the current tournament scene spammed with Daemons, I don't leave home without a Gloom Prism. Can be a game changer for 15 points.

The recent LVO results have really changed my thinking in terms of anti psyker and up until now I've always tossed aside suggestions relating to dropping Barges. The really annoying thing is they share the same slot and for what they do I could never justify having less than three but the idea of 10 psykers at any one time scares me greatly so with you suggestions I've made the following changes.

Nemesor Zahndrekh - 185
Cryptek - 55 #1
Harbinger of Destruction, Solar Pulse
Cryptek - 25 #2
Harbinger of the Storm
Cryptek - 25 #3
Harbinger of the Storm

Necron Warriors x15 - 195
w/ Nemesor Zahndrekh, Cryptek #1
Necron Warriors x5 - 165
Night Scythe w/ Cryptek #2
Necron Warriors x5 - 165