PDA

View Full Version : Tau battle suits with multiple weapons

pnkfld7892
02-06-2014, 07:17 PM
I played against tau recently with crisis suits. These suits are known to have multiple weapons on them. Can the crisis unit shoot all their weapons in one fire phase? I.e a crisis suit has a fusion blaster, plasma rifle, and middle pod in the fire phase can it fire all three?

Vangrail
02-06-2014, 07:48 PM
If I remember correctly they have to buy a upgrade to fire two. I don't think they can fire three.

celas
02-06-2014, 09:46 PM
This is a pretty easy one if you just ask to see the player's codex!

However, all battlesuits now come standard with a Multitracker which allows a battlesuit to fire a second weapon during the controlling player's shooting phase. It used to be an upgrade, but like the Blacksun Filter, is now standard on all battlesuit models.

So yes, a crisis suit may fire two weapons (of up to three [four in the case of the commander]), a broadside and a riptide may both fire both their weapons, and even a stealth suit might benefit if equipped with a markerlight. Three weapons, however, is a no go. Unless one pair is twin-linked. Love me some Tau. Lots of guns for everybody!

DarkLink
02-06-2014, 11:31 PM
It also only works in their shooting phase. It does not work for Interceptor or Overwatch.

Aegwymourn
02-07-2014, 01:23 AM
It also only works in their shooting phase. It does not work for Interceptor or Overwatch.

For the most part everyone will agree with you. Although there are some who disagree. Also worth nothing is this relates also to Monstrous creatures being able to overwatch with two weapons as well since I think the wording is the same.

DarkLink
02-07-2014, 03:05 AM
Anyone who disagrees is illiterate.

Gleipnir
02-08-2014, 12:01 AM
Sucks because I loved me some two flamer overwatch but Dark's right the extra attack is only granted in that model's Shooting phase, so also impacts things like Interceptor shots as well.

Glad I never got around to modeling a 2 flamer Buffmander