PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Open Day

Mr Mystery
02-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Tickets now available, for £8 (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/FORGE_WORLD_OPEN_DAY_TICKET.html)

Sunday 30th March will see us abandon our top-secret Manufactorum for our annual Open Day. The entirety of the Forge World Model Design team will be attending the Open Day, showcasing all manner of work-in-progress models and recent releases.

The Art and Book Design team will be there showcasing the process by which our books are created, and may even be seen working on artwork for future books on their advanced cogitator devices. The Forge World Writers will also be on hand to talk about the process of writing a Forge World book.

Our Sales stands will be packed with a huge selection of resin kits, books and modelling supplies, including some very exciting pre-release kits. The Open Day painting competition will again be judged by our Studio team, and all attendees can enter. Your entry should consist of a single Forge World model of any type, although we do advise that cabinet space may be limited. The prize, of course, is the prestigious Forge World Open Day trophy.

We’ll also be running our Charity Titan Raffle, which is always incredibly popular. Tickets will be on sale throughout the day for a mere £1 each; all proceeds will be donated to Children In Need and the prize will be a complete mighty Imperial Reaver Titan.

The Open Day runs from 10am to 4pm and all the Warhammer World facilities are available throughout the day, especially Bugman’s Bar for breakfast, lunch, and refreshments. For more details on the open day click here.
Accompanied children aged 8 and under do not require a ticket, while the nature of the event means that all children aged 14 and under must be accompanied.

Psychosplodge
02-05-2014, 08:32 AM
That's a silly day to have it.

Brakkart
02-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Silly Day or not, the tickets were sold out in like 24 hours regardless. Did anyone on BoLS get a ticket? I was planning too but by the time I had money to get them they were gone. Treated myself to the revised IA2 book instead.

jonsgot
02-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Silly Day or not, the tickets were sold out in like 24 hours regardless. Did anyone on BoLS get a ticket? I was planning too but by the time I had money to get them they were gone. Treated myself to the revised IA2 book instead.

Bit of a price difference there. I wanted to go(given games day is little more than Forge world open day these days). by the time I'd worked out how I was going to get there the tickets were all gone. :eek: drat. Glad the event only models aren't on my wish list.

Psychosplodge
02-10-2014, 04:24 PM

I meant 'cause it clashes with kitacon :D

Cactus
02-15-2014, 06:01 PM
Man, that's something that'd like to attend. FW never stops making things that make me want to sign over my paycheck.

Lord-Boofhead
02-16-2014, 11:05 AM
I meant 'cause it clashes with kitacon :D

Considering I've never heard of that probably not.

edit: just Googled it. I don't think Anime cons are on GW's radar.

Or maybe it was intentional, 'that guy' is often really in to anime in my experience so maybe this is a way to help filter out the creepier end of gamerdom from the event and make it nicer for the rest of us. ;) :p

jonsgot
02-16-2014, 12:10 PM

Do they normally do a Heresy day or is this it, I'm forced to go to GamesDay to see the Forge World team this year?

Psychosplodge
02-17-2014, 02:51 AM
Considering I've never heard of that probably not.

edit: just Googled it. I don't think Anime cons are on GW's radar.

Or maybe it was intentional, 'that guy' is often really in to anime in my experience so maybe this is a way to help filter out the creepier end of gamerdom from the event and make it nicer for the rest of us. ;) :p

Nah I think it's the not on the radar one :p
Since I gave up Download June looks the ideal time for a FW event or the HH event or the BL one...