PDA

View Full Version : Assassin question

Sinistermind
12-21-2009, 07:37 AM
just checking im pretty sure the answer is yes, when taking an assassin as an ally do you still have to fullfill the sidenote that says there has to be an inquisitor in the force as well?

andrewm9
12-21-2009, 07:47 AM
Yes, you do, so that means you have to burn an HQ choice on an Inquisitor Lord and his manditory retinue. On the plus side it means you can pick up a Land raider to function as his ride

DarkLink
12-21-2009, 01:43 PM
On a side note, the Inquisitor has to be from the same codex. So no taking a WH Inquisitor and a DH Assassin. You'd need to take a DH Inquisitor.

Lord Azaghul
12-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Yes, you do, so that means you have to burn an HQ choice on an Inquisitor Lord and his manditory retinue.

This is exactly why I don't take an Assassin in my Guard army. I love my HQ's too much.

Aegis
12-21-2009, 08:18 PM
On a side note, the Inquisitor has to be from the same codex. So no taking a WH Inquisitor and a DH Assassin. You'd need to take a DH Inquisitor.

Of course, though, who would take a WH Inq. over a DH Inq. when given the choice... Mystics are just lovely...

DarkLink
12-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Of course, though, who would take a WH Inq. over a DH Inq. when given the choice... Mystics are just lovely...

Yeah, I got that example backwards. If it worked, you could have an elite Inquisitor with mystics from DH, and a WH assassin, and still have open HQ slots. But, it's illegal, so you're stuck using an HQ slot to get an assassin.