PDA

View Full Version : Pure Iron Warriors 2000

JuiceSpringsteen!
02-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Heya Lounge. First time post, coming back to 40k from a 4 year hiatus. I am planning on doing a full-kitbash Iron Warriors warband. Eventually, an IG detachment will be added, but for now i am going to stick with pure CSM. No escalation or stronghold silliness. I am shooting for as competitive as I can get.

The List

Hq

Lord- total-160
Bike-
PF-
AuraoftheDarkGods-
Combat Familiar-
MoN-
VetoftheLongWar-

Elites
Terminators- total-132
3x combi-meltas-
PF-
MoT-

Troops
Chaos Marines x10- total-232
2xplasma guns-
Champ PW-
Rhino-
Havoc launcher-

Chaos Marines x10- total-232
2xplasma guns-
Champ PW-
Rhino-
Havoc launcher-

Chaos Marines x7- total-197
BP/CCW
MoK-
Icon of Wrath-
Champ PW-
Rhino

Chaos Marines x7- total-197
BP/CCW
MoK-
Icon of Wrath-
Champ PW-
Rhino

Fast Attack

Bikersx6- total-207
2xMeltas-
Champ PW-
MoN-
VotLW-

Helldrake-170
Baleflamer

Helldrake-170
Baleflamer

Heavy Support

Havocs- total-150
2x AC-
2x ML+ flakk-
VotLW-

Obliteratorsx2- Total-152
MoN-

Total Points- 1999

Pretty simple strategy, the 2 different Marine squad types pair up and chew up enemy troops, the bikes and the oblits play death star hunter, the Havocs do Anti-Air/Transport, the Helldrakes do their thing, and the terminators show up and make themselves be dealt with (hopefully after putting the hurt on something). I toyed with the idea of replacing them with 2 cultist squads to max on troops.

Theme wise, Im going for a mad scientist vibe, via a Warsmith aided by an understudy of Fabious Bile. The Khorne Marines are going to be captured and mutated loyalist marines with a couple of IW handlers. The Oblits are going to be robots based off some minis from the old mechwarrior clix game that wizkids made (suitably daemon-engineered of course) The Lord and bikers are going to be stacked with abalative armour (I am thinking Terminator sized on quads, maybe?) I have not decided if im going with standard drakes or possessed valkries yet.

What do you think, peeps?

Katharon
02-03-2014, 11:55 PM
Seems like a solid list to me. You might get find some challenge against high-AV vehicles (like Mechanized IG) or hordes (mass Orks or 'Nids), but that said, it should do solid against most armies.

Anggul
02-04-2014, 06:21 AM
Rather than splitting the Havoc weapons I would just take all Autocannons. Two Flakk Missiles aren't going to accomplish much at all, ought as well go for full rate of fire.

Swap the Lord's Combat Familiar for a Lightning Claw so you get +1 attack and can choose between high initiative Shred AP3 or low initiative double strength AP2. Also try to upgrade the Aura of Dark Glory to a Sigil of Corruption. I'm guessing you're taking the Combat Familiar to represent a Servo Arm. Have him with a Lightning Claw on his arm, then count the Servo Arm as the Power Fist, more suiting to the stats of a Servo Arm after all.

JuiceSpringsteen!
02-04-2014, 08:54 AM
I was actually doing the familiar as a daemonified cyber-hound from necromunda, but I dig the PF-LC combo too. I'll try the other suggestions as well. AoDG was because of points, ill probably switch that too from the points from the havoc weapons swap. Thanks for the feedback!