PDA

View Full Version : Tyranids 1850 pts tourney

Arkalid
01-30-2014, 03:34 PM
So this is a sort of heavy aggression list I love running with the nids. Without further a do, here we go.

HQ

Hive Tyrant (Warlord)
-Wings, 2x t-l devourers with brainleech worms, Regen
260 pts

Hive Tyrant
-Wings, 2x tl devourers with brainleech worms
230 pts

Troops

30 Termagants
120 pts

Tervigon
195 pts

25 Hormagants
125 pts

25 Hormagants
125 pts

Elites

2x Zoanthropes
100 pts

Venomthrope
45 pts

Fast Attack

Hive Crone
155 pts

Hive Crone
155 pts

Heavy Support

Exocrine
170 pts

Exocrine
170 pts

Total: 1850pts

So basically there are 4 flying monsters going up against the enemy deployment zone, some nice artillery and a good amount of some Synapse. I prefer Hive Crones over Harpies, simply because you get haywire shots and S8 Vector Strikes. Hormagants are great units to get the encircled objectives, simply because they can tar pit almost any unit in game. Venomthrope seems a bit lonely, but with so many big monsters going around I imagine he's not such a hard model to hide behind something. Regen on Warlord is quite useful, I feel. It might save you 2 VP if it means you won't die to first blood or Slay the Warlord. If I need more speed I can make room for Gargoyles or something like that. All in all it's pretty aggressive list with nice amount of board control.

So what are your thoughts? What have I missed?

Gleipnir
01-30-2014, 05:19 PM
Maybe take Hive Commander on one of your two Hive tyrants to Outflank the Termagants since they are slower getting across the board and you probably dont want them 12" from your Tervigon anyhow, maybe add some devourers to the termagants to the set up to the back of the unit.

Only other thought would be how you would respond to a gunline behind hard cover.