PDA

View Full Version : New from Forgeworld: Legion Medusa and Mk2 & Mk3 Command Sets

Brakkart
01-30-2014, 05:39 AM
Quite a nice batch of releases today though nothing we've not seen already thanks to the winter catalogue supplement.

Legion Medusa Ģ59 (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/LEGION_MEDUSA.html)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/medusa4.jpg

One of the heavy artillery units available to the Legiones Astartes is the Medusa, which carries a short ranged but extremely powerful siege mortar capable of breaching all but the thickest walls. When a breach has been secured, the Medusa will then rumble forwards to support the assault, levelling buildings with a single shell.

The Legion Medusa, designed by Blake Spence, is a complete multi-part resin and plastic kit that includes two Legiones Astartes crew in MkIV power armour. The rules for the Legion Medusa can be found in The Horus Heresy Book One: Betrayal.

MkII Command Set Ģ25 (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/MKII_COMMAND_SET.html)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/mkIIcommand.jpg

The origins of MkII Crusade power armour hark back to the dawn of the Great Crusade when Mankind travelled out into the stars to forge the Imperium. Even during the Horus Heresy, Crusade armour is still one of the most common suits used within the Legiones Astartes and many of the earliest examples carry with them a glorious history. These suits are often reworked by master artificers to show the elevated status that their wearer now carries, be they leaders, champions, line officers or standard bearers.

The MkII Command Set, designed by Israel Gonzalez, is a complete multi-part resin kit comprising two models: one armed with a thunder hammer and with the choice of helmeted or bare head, the other is equipped with a Legion standard and chainsword. These models can be used to represent a variety of different roles in the Legion army list from The Horus Heresy Book One: Betrayal, from Centurions to Veteran Sergeants.

MkIII Command Set Ģ25 (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/MKIII_COMMAND_SET.html)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/mkIIIcommand.jpg

MkIII Iron armour was a modification of Crusade armour where the MkII’s frame was reinforced with additional ablative armour plates. The increased bulk of the suit made it less useful for jump infantry, but the improved protection was invaluable when fighting in tight confines where room to manoeuvre was limited.

The MkIII Command Set, designed by Israel Gonzalez, is a complete multi-part resin kit comprising two models: one drawing a large power sword and with the choice of helmeted or bare head, the other is equipped with a Legion standard and bolt pistol. These models can be used to represent a variety of different roles in the Legion army list from The Horus Heresy Book One: Betrayal, from Centurions to Veteran Sergeants, and are available now.

musical-fool
01-30-2014, 06:09 AM
I really like those command sets. The mk II black faced helm makes me woner if this will be used for the Ultramarine helms. From all the images of heresy era smurfs, their faces seem smooth rather than grilled?

Katharon
01-30-2014, 06:18 AM
Why is it that the SM-arses get the nice looking Medusa kits and the IG is stuck with jack sh-- *BOOM* [Commissar steps into scene]

(Clears throat.)

Hail to the awesomeness of our glorious Astartes.

Tyrendian
01-30-2014, 06:42 AM
Why is it that the SM-arses get the nice looking Medusa kits and the IG is stuck with jack sh-- *BOOM* [Commissar steps into scene]

(Clears throat.)

and what exactly is keeping you from using that thing with Guard? itīs not like you couldnīt exchange the crew...

MajorWesJanson
01-30-2014, 07:07 AM

(Clears throat.)

Hopefully Guard will be getting mass produced Medusas in April.

Psychosplodge
01-30-2014, 07:09 AM
Prefer the Armageddon pattern artillery tbh.
The command sets are nice.
Wonder if they'll do those helmets without the brush?

Katharon
01-30-2014, 07:24 AM
and what exactly is keeping you from using that thing with Guard? itīs not like you couldnīt exchange the crew...

It's a joke bro. Never take me too seriously. I don't.

And yeah, I am already totally going to be getting three of those suckers.

GravesDisease
01-30-2014, 07:32 AM
I still don't understand why legion medusas/basilisks even exist now.

Wolfshade
01-30-2014, 07:43 AM
These are pretty.

The reason why the exist is because back in the day there was just "imperial armour" which army and marines had, then it was decided that rhino & land riader chasis were to be marine only, and chimera lemon russ chasis was to be army only.

Kirsten
01-30-2014, 07:44 AM
love the marine artillery

DWest
01-30-2014, 08:16 AM
Also, the Space Marine Legions, as opposed to the current Codex Astartes doctrine, were supposed to be fully contained armies in and of themselves. A Legion was expected to be able to drop in, lay siege to a whole continent, and reduce fortifications and take ground all on their own. Thus, they needed heavy artillery pieces (and groundside logistical support, and all the other things you'd see in a full-on army). Now, they're basically an IG Stormtrooper squad writ large: Here's your one key objective; go jump on it, cut its throat, and go home, and they bring just enough gear to pull that off.

Arkhan Land
01-30-2014, 08:20 AM
These are pretty.

The reason why the exist is because back in the day there was just "imperial armour" which army and marines had, then it was decided that rhino & land riader chasis were to be marine only, and chimera lemon russ chasis was to be army only.

I was thinking about this the other day. is there a list letting me jam my gaurdsmen into a proteus yet?

desert_hack
01-30-2014, 08:35 AM
Love the fact the Medusa is painted in Thousand Sons colours. A nod to the fourth book in the series

Brakkart
01-30-2014, 08:50 AM
Love the fact the Medusa is painted in Thousand Sons colours. A nod to the fourth book in the series

Yup someone asked what colour scheme it was painted in on Facebook and FW replied that it is a test scheme for the Thousand Sons.

MajorWesJanson
01-30-2014, 09:40 AM
Yup someone asked what colour scheme it was painted in on Facebook and FW replied that it is a test scheme for the Thousand Sons.

It looks a lot like the "Iron Man" paint scheme on the Castellax as well.

Lord-Boofhead
01-30-2014, 12:16 PM
Reminds me of the Repressor...

Maelstorm
01-30-2014, 01:37 PM

(Clears throat.)

<lol> It's a Rhino Chassis running in reverse, with a Orc cannon kit-bodged on top and a left over Assault Reach Dreadnought Engine tacked on the side...

They are really running low on fresh ideas to reach into your wallet!