PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Necron Flayed Ones - A Concept

Necron2.0
01-28-2014, 06:40 PM
Not long ago I'd made mention of how I fervently believe that Necron Flayed Ones are suffering from chaos taint, and not some nebulous C'Tan curse. I also adamantly believe their god wasn't C'Tan, but was an actual warp-spawned god of chaos masquerading as a C'Tan. With that in mind, I'd mentioned earlier I was planning to kit-bash a bunch of Warriors into Slaanesh inspired Flayed Ones.

Today I saw this from Dark Age Games:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/028/5/5/ang1_zpsf748b654_1__by_necron2_0-d745g9r.jpg

Basically ... this. This is what I'm planning. The only difference will be (assuming I can pull it off), mine will be darker. The flesh will be messier, more malevolent, and writhing with unholy life over its artificial undead core.

Mine also won't be wearing high heels.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
01-28-2014, 08:15 PM
Go for it! Makes more fluff sense than "They could never truly destroy the C'tan, except for this one they destroyed accidentally." Have you seen that Flayed One-centric Forgeworld army list?

Necron2.0
01-30-2014, 12:06 AM
No, I've not seen the Forgeworld army list. Truth is, I haven't seen any online lists. I don't play tournaments and generally build my army on-the-fly based on whom I think I'll be facing for any particular evening.

flufflogic
01-30-2014, 02:52 PM
Not long ago I'd made mention of how I fervently believe that Necron Flayed Ones are suffering from chaos taint, and not some nebulous C'Tan curse. I also adamantly believe their god wasn't C'Tan, but was an actual warp-spawned god of chaos masquerading as a C'Tan. With that in mind, I'd mentioned earlier I was planning to kit-bash a bunch of Warriors into Slaanesh inspired Flayed Ones.

Today I saw this from Dark Age Games:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/028/5/5/ang1_zpsf748b654_1__by_necron2_0-d745g9r.jpg

Basically ... this. This is what I'm planning. The only difference will be (assuming I can pull it off), mine will be darker. The flesh will be messier, more malevolent, and writhing with unholy life over its artificial undead core.

Mine also won't be wearing high heels.

Reminds me of System Shock's Cyborg Midwives...