PDA

View Full Version : February Release Schedule

Bigred
01-28-2014, 11:44 AM
Here you go:

You will note the lack of finecast.

There is also no Army Book for Dwarfs.

Apparently GW is testing a new miniatures first - armybook later weekly schedule...

There is also that Index Chaotica Volume.1 from GW digital at the bottom. Hmmm....

nexus-six
01-28-2014, 11:54 AM
"Ulrika the Vampire (GERMAN)". You don't say ;)

Piotr Fr
01-28-2014, 11:58 AM
I find the politics weird. However, it is connected to the new WD publishing dates. You have to fill a weekly with something...

Scrotatohead
01-28-2014, 12:03 PM
No second dataslate for 'Nids?

Brass Scorpion
01-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Apparently GW is testing a new miniatures first - armybook later weekly schedule... For many of the new releases last year I saw the new army/codex book sell like crazy on release day but the miniatures wouldn't move much off the shelves till after people had the book a few days so that they could read it and see what new units they wanted. I wonder what this strategy is going to do the new model release sales at my local shop, especially given today's currently much escalated prices from just a few years ago.

Boon
01-28-2014, 02:54 PM
I was told by my local shop that the dwarf book was going up soon. Strange that it's not listed on this sheet.

Al Shut
01-28-2014, 03:12 PM
Could be as soon as the 15th

Eldar_Atog
01-28-2014, 04:01 PM
I wonder what this strategy is going to do the new model release sales at my local shop, especially given today's currently much escalated prices from just a few years ago.

Most people will wait on the rules unless they see conversion oppurtunities. There will be a few that impulse buy but they'll learn their lesson after buying a few models with crappy rules.

Phototoxin
01-29-2014, 09:18 AM
I guess it is an attempt to get people to buy minis on coolness factor before realising that the rules are crap.

Wolfshade
01-29-2014, 09:22 AM
I guess it is an attempt to get people to buy minis on coolness factor before realising that the rules are crap.

This is always the rule isn't it?

Herzlos
01-30-2014, 03:38 AM
Surely the rule before was to buy both together, so that they can at least claim they weren't tricking you into buying units with crap rules?

I like some of the Dwarf mini's and looking to start the army, but I'm not touching them until I've at least skimmed through the rules. No wave 1 sales from me.

Lord-Boofhead
01-30-2014, 11:58 AM
Where does this come from? It's not an order form for FLGSes because that wouldn't include eBooks.

I call forgery.