PDA

View Full Version : Help! Kr Multicase lock stuck!

White Tiger88
01-26-2014, 12:50 AM
So i have the Quad Alliminium case from KR and the lock is now stuck....correct combo but the latch wont pop! Anyone got suggestions on how th open it short of breaking it open? :confused:

RGilbert26
01-26-2014, 02:18 AM
Ask them.

White Tiger88
01-26-2014, 02:26 AM
Ask them.

Sent them an email, i also managed to get the lock open.....the mech its self is just faulty it would seem.......but should be interesting to see if they send me a new case that isnt defective.

Deadlift
01-26-2014, 02:26 AM
Small flat bladed screwdriver, try getting it under the latch and levering it up gently. Also try side to side with same technique. Could be you have a small burr on the latch preventing it from popping open. If you do get it open check for any rough parts on latch and file it down.

Mr Mystery
01-26-2014, 02:54 AM
Have you tried kicking it?

White Tiger88
01-26-2014, 02:56 AM
Small flat bladed screwdriver, try getting it under the latch and levering it up gently. Also try side to side with same technique. Could be you have a small burr on the latch preventing it from popping open. If you do get it open check for any rough parts on latch and file it down.

I did the whole top of the latch snapped off and i had to manually pull it back to unlock, it would seem a spring or something is missing....the wheels for the combo are also going side ways o.O

Have you tried kicking it?

Yes, but that just hurt my toe.

Pssyche
01-26-2014, 05:56 AM
Yes, but that just hurt my toe.

That's how they laugh at you, man!

Popsical
01-26-2014, 06:09 AM
Ok. For future reference.
Find a flat thin piece of metal and slide it down the side of each roller.
Rotate each roller until the piece of metal slides in a little further then move on to the next roller.
After all 3 are done the latch should open.
If not repeat until successfull.

I used to sell samsonite suitcases for many years along with lots of other types.
This is how to unlock them with no code known.

Mods. Feel free to delete this post if it seems inappropriate.

Pm me anyone if you need to know this trick.

-Tom-
01-26-2014, 11:27 AM
Rotate each roller until the piece of metal slides in a little further then move on to the next roller.

I used to sell samsonite suitcases for many years along with lots of other types.

To be honest, you don't even need the piece of wire, depending on how well fitting the code-number rollers are. If you get a torch and shine it down the side of the roller you'll be able to see the notch that Popsical is referring to. It may be the case that you thought you had the correct code, but that the rollers have slipped (you said they were going sideways?) so the code has changed...

Either way, it sounds like it is a mechanical problem with the case so I don't doubt that contacting KR will be the best bet. They're a decent bunch so I can't see them being unwilling to help.

White Tiger88
01-26-2014, 09:43 PM

Did try that it still wouldn't pop i had to use a small screw driver to pop the button for the latch off and release it manually........i now have a gimped useless case -_-