PDA

View Full Version : GW Rewards card

irnmonkey
01-25-2014, 09:42 AM
Hi all, not long returned from my local GW (Glasgow) and while buying additional minis for my IH an paint I was told that as I'd spent over £30 I qualified for a rewards card. Breif chat with the shop rep found that they intend to mark the reward card for every 30 spent with a view to letting you pick a mini from the store cabinet where the amount of stamps (I think, it may be cards) dictates the selection, like ticket rewards at a carnival or something, 1 for a something not very good 100 for the awesome air-pistol that'll break in ten minutes. Also worth noting, this was while they were running a store supported killteam tourney with a £25 GW voucher for the 1st prize.

Is this something that's happening throughout the UK, GW in general or are they testing different markets with different strategies? Anybody else experienced this?

RGilbert26
01-25-2014, 12:30 PM
Probably just them as my Manager never gives out Physical Prizes and such, never heard of a Rewards Card either.

SaveModifier
01-25-2014, 03:06 PM
yeah, this will be the managers own promotion, not a national thing, I think GW Liverpool did something similar over christmas and Warrington is doing something like that as well

Duhgame
01-25-2014, 04:34 PM
My old stores back when I played, used to just do a raffle ticket for each person entering a tournament. You paid around $15 for entry. If you won a match you got another, and at the end we had a prize drawing give away. So, the more you won the better your odds. Also, some extra votes were submitted for "best painted" and the like, so the winners of the voted segmented got an extra entry. It was a nice system. Always kept the tournaments from getting too fierce for competition since you could be the best it didn't mean you won anything besides bragging rights. It was also nice that you could only win a drawing once, no matter how many entries you had won, kept it more appealing for everybody.

Tyrendian
01-26-2014, 04:30 AM
we“ve got something similar going in our local GW - called "Four-Star Generals"
basically you get one star for starting a new army (codex plus battleforce usually - they want us to spend some money....), one for building it, one for painting it and one for playing it
and for each star you earn you get a cute little card with some sort of special rule or some such for said army - friend of mine got a Power Sword with Rage slapped on for 15pts (for the whole thing, so basically free Rage), which is pretty neat for the Blood Angels he started...