PDA

View Full Version : Exocrine & Aegis Defence Line

Buddhist_Possum
01-24-2014, 01:44 PM
I know MCs can fire 2 weapons a turn, but I think the rule for weapon emplacements says you have to "give up shooting the unit's weapon", or something like that.

Can an Exocrine shoot his weapon and the Quad gun in the same shooting phase? or does he give up his entire lot of shots (2) to fire an emplaced weapon?

Is it like Vector strike where you can give up weapon shots you don't have, if you only have one weapon?

Thanks in advance...

Tynskel
01-24-2014, 02:38 PM
This has come up before. Essentially, you have to give up a 'weapons' slot. You cannot fire more weapons that the model may use. So, in this case, you give up the 'second gun' that yo don't have. There are plenty of models that have no gun and can use the em placed weapon.

John Bower
01-24-2014, 04:09 PM
Call me a pessimist, but try to win without manual firing the guns, I think as and when the nids get FAQ'd we'll lose the ability to manual fire (again).

Buddhist_Possum
01-24-2014, 04:29 PM
I don't think they'll FAQ it. They could have just as easily put it in the new dex. We evolved!!

This Dave
01-24-2014, 05:31 PM
It is legal but I don't think I want to know what an Exocrine is using to pull the trigger in the Quad-gun. :)

Tynskel
01-24-2014, 09:42 PM
It is legal but I don't think I want to know what an Exocrine is using to pull the trigger in the Quad-gun. :)

It is not a quad gun, it is a Tyranid Bio-Venom-Cannon! Str 7, AP4, Twin-Linked Hv 4, 48", Skyfire and Interceptor!

or the Bio-Heavy-plasmic-cannon Str9 AP2, hv 1, Skyfire and Interceptor, 96"!

dwez
01-25-2014, 07:14 AM

Which is why if you model it to look like a Tyranid Gun Beast:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-z94ApitN1PE/UD8AVg_iblI/AAAAAAAAEHs/VNUkoLyajqU/s320/13-P1060238.JPG

Then it doesn't need a trigger, in that there is a Synaptic link - [the Mawloc tail antenna] that allows the firer to control the simple bioform brain [Carnifex head] that sits on top of the gun.

Sly
01-25-2014, 04:20 PM
It is not a quad gun, it is a Tyranid Bio-Venom-Cannon! Str 7, AP4, Twin-Linked Hv 4, 48", Skyfire and Interceptor!

or the Bio-Heavy-plasmic-cannon Str9 AP2, hv 1, Skyfire and Interceptor, 96"!

Exactly. Nobody has a problem with Eldar, DE, or Tau using a Quad Cannon, and clearly they do not normally use exact replicas of Autocannons/Lascannons.

Demonus
01-27-2014, 02:07 PM

Clearly its a push button system. Its how my Tomb Spyder was able to take out a hell drake, a rhino and wound a GUO last game :)

DWest
01-27-2014, 02:38 PM
Since the Exocrine has 4 legs, the "have you tried kicking it?" strategy is 4x as effective?