PDA

View Full Version : dark eldar harlequin tactics

Rough Touch
01-23-2014, 11:49 AM
Just wondering what's the best way to use Harlequins with a dark elder army?
I'm guessing a Web way portal is a must due to there bad armour saves
do you go for vehicles or troops with them as they seem to be capable of getting rid of both.
What about the Death Jester? is he worth it as he's now got to run about with a close combat unit?
Also...this should probably be in the rules section but I am putting it here for tidiness. The hit and run rule...is this only good for disengaging a enemy unit then recharging them? as they get snapshots again so I don't think its great with the Harlequins bad saves and low toughness, but I guess you do get to shot at the enemy again yourself with full BS...

Rough Touch
01-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Crap just read you cant assault the same turn as entering from web way portal so now I am even more confused about how to keep them alive!

Anggul
01-23-2014, 04:06 PM
Sadly they're pretty pathetic these days. For some reason GW have put their hands over their ears for two editions now and pretended that their entry is still as good as it was back in 4th edition when Rending was on rolls to hit, Furious Charge increased Initiative and you could Sweeping Advance into a new close combat and thus avoid being shot at in your opponents turn.

I don't really know what to tell you to be honest, there's nothing they do that other Dark Eldar units can't do far, far better. Hopefully some time soon GW will admit that they need new rules, Harlequins are one of my most favourite things in 40k and it's such a shame that they don't work any more.

Rough Touch
01-24-2014, 01:11 PM
ohhhh, I really like the models too!
what about the Death Jester? now the Eldar codex is out doe's he's Cannon now have that Eldar verison of Rendering (sorry I cant remember the name) as he does not have this in the Dark Eldar codex.

Anggul
01-24-2014, 07:07 PM
They are a bit better in the Eldar codex due to Battle Focus and Bladestorm yes, but again, still not worth it. They just die too easily. Way back in 4th ed they stayed alive by killing a unit in one charge and sweeping into combat with a new unit for next turn, so they were only shot at if they couldn't manage that. Nowadays they can't do that, so they'll just get shot and that's that.

It's a shame as I too love them and really can't wait for the day they're fixed.

davel
01-26-2014, 02:25 AM
Quins in the eldar dex don't get battle focus. They do get blade storm.

Dave l

Rough Touch
01-26-2014, 05:47 AM
do they all get blade storm? even the troops?

Anggul
01-26-2014, 05:52 AM
do they all get blade storm? even the troops?

Yup, they have Shuriken Pistols.

Guess I was wrong on the Battle Focus.

Oh, also the Shadowseer actually has to cast Veil of Tears now, and is for some ridiculous reason only Ld8.

Dave Mcturk
02-01-2014, 04:44 AM
Yup, they have Shuriken Pistols.

Guess I was wrong on the Battle Focus.

Oh, also the Shadowseer actually has to cast Veil of Tears now, and is for some ridiculous reason only Ld8.

i think she is ld 9 ?? ... but its moot because quins are shocking thanks to poor rules writing and no points shifting...

i've 'converted' all mine into DE whyches... no kisses {4pts of waste} ... just swords and haywire grenades... the cheap phantasm grenades on a hexy gives you a nasty cc unit that can take down ANY vehicle and can still be useful v weakish infantry... and as DE then can have a 5 or 10 woman ASSAULT vehicle... and you can run 6 squads instead of 3 ! {how many half naked women with boots do you want ?}