PDA

View Full Version : Guns Don't Kill People, Psykers Kill People.

Just_Me
12-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Simple question, and one that I am sure has been asked already, but if a psyker battle squad uses Soulstorm, can they still fire their laspistols? The rules are a bit unclear, but seem to me to suggest the answer is no. However, logically I can rationalize it both ways, only the channeling psyker (the one from which the range measurement was made) can't because he is the focus of the power, or none of them can because they are too busy charging up their attack.

Granted, a few laspistols won't exactly win the day, but every little bit helps.

SombreBrotherhood
12-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Nope. Under the PBS entry in the IG codex, the 'psychic choir' special rule states that the entire squad is ONE psyker (emphasis mine) for the purposes of using a psychic power. Whenever Weaken Resolve or Soulstorm is used, the squad may well be considered the one you're measuring range and LOS from. You may use a psychic power OR treat them as X number of units for using pistols.

The overseer, however, is NOT a psyker and can shoot his pistol at the same target, so there's one extra shot for you!