PDA

View Full Version : AP - (dash) against vehicles

americanninjax
01-21-2014, 02:48 AM
So I'm second guessing myself tonight.

As far as I can tell from the BRB, AP- just means that it can never ignore armor saves against infantry.

But against Vehicles, AP- weapons can still glance as long as their strength and the d6 add up to the AV of the vehicle?

Am I wrong about this? My friend/opponent said that AP- meant that it can't affect vehicles no matter what.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tynskel
01-21-2014, 03:19 AM
read the rulebook. it is right there...

Wolfshade
01-21-2014, 03:30 AM
AP - weapons can still glance or penetrate vehicles as long as the D6 + S is equal to or greater than the AV of the facing side.

The only time AP affects it is rolling for damage once you have penetrated and that is detailed in the BRB on the vehicle damage table, along with other modifiers.

americanninjax
01-21-2014, 03:51 AM
Thanks wolfshade!

Tynskel I was looking through the brb, but I only have the mini brb that came with my dark vengeance set so maybe it's missing something. The other option is I'm an idiot. :)

Thanks for the help guys.

Katharon
01-21-2014, 06:30 AM
Strength of a weapon is all that ever matters against vehicles until you get around to having to roll on the Damage Chart. Your friend was either misinformed or blatantly trying to pull one over you.

Tynskel
01-21-2014, 08:09 AM
Thanks wolfshade!

Tynskel I was looking through the brb, but I only have the mini brb that came with my dark vengeance set so maybe it's missing something. The other option is I'm an idiot. :)

Thanks for the help guys.

It is not missing anything. The rulebook is explicit and indexed. If you looked up penetration rolls, you would have found a quite clear table...

Patrick Boyle
01-21-2014, 10:06 AM
It is not missing anything. The rulebook is explicit and indexed. If you looked up penetration rolls, you would have found a quite clear table...

Bahahahaha, oh man, that's a good one. ;)

Really though, I do understand you mean in this case it is. Didn't AP- have a penalty on damage table rolls in 5th though? Maybe that's where his friend's confusion came from.

Charistoph
01-21-2014, 10:23 AM
Bahahahaha, oh man, that's a good one. ;)

Really though, I do understand you mean in this case it is. Didn't AP- have a penalty on damage table rolls in 5th though? Maybe that's where his friend's confusion came from.

Indeed it was, and it probably is where it comes from. It's pretty easy to do, and I see it happen all the time.