PDA

View Full Version : Enter the Wolfdar- 1250

jd2x.pacman
01-20-2014, 05:55 PM
So I have been playing around with the idea of my Wolves and Eldar allying. I normally play casual with my friends, but decided to go to my FLGS next tournament and figured what better time to try out the wolfdar partnership. The points limit is 1250.

Eldar Primary Detachment-

Spiritseer 70

5 Wraithguard 340
d-scythes
wave serpent w holo fields

7 Dire Avengers 91

6 Rangers 72

Wraithknight 240

Space Wolves Allied Detachment-

Rune Priest 115
Chooser of the Slain

9 Grey Hunters 205
plasma gun
wolf standard
mark of the wulfen
drop pod

4 Long Fangs w squad leader 115
All missle launchers

That left me at 1248 (I think)

The plan is to stick the Spiritseer with whomever the powers he rolls works best for. The Rune priest, depending on the opponent, either rolls divination and sits with the Long Fangs, or takes Jaws and Murderous Hurricane and deploys in the drop pod. The Wave Serpent pushes forward into enemy lines and turn two drops the wraithguard next to priority target #1. The knight is my primary anti-tank or MC. The long fangs can help either with that or crowd control.
So that is pretty much the plan- but any ideas or comments would be appreciated.

jd2x.pacman
01-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Although I am 2nd guessing myself, and am now considering dropping the knight for a 5 man squad of Warp Spiders and a Fire Prism w/ holo fields. This would also give me the points to put a scatter laser on the Wave Serpent on the off chance it survives long enough to fire.
Thoughts?