PDA

View Full Version : Jetbike in infantry

Geryon
01-20-2014, 01:48 AM
If I join a Jetbike Farseer in a Guardian Squad, do the Guardians lose their battle focus as the Seer can't run?
He still has the Battle Focus rule though...

Sorry if this has been answered before, but couldn't search w/o a "too common words" message :P

Wolfshade
01-20-2014, 03:14 AM
I think (I don't have my BRB with me or dexs).

Movement is now by the model by model basis, so if you can still perform those actions and maintain coherency I don't see why not. Don't forget in-lieu of running the bike could boost.

Nabterayl
01-20-2014, 12:04 PM
Wolfshade has it. Battle Focus says that if every model in the unit has Battle Focus (which is why it's important that the jetbike farseer still has the rule), it shoot and run, or run and shoot. Now, you're right that Running has to be declared by the entire unit - it isn't declared on a model-by-model basis. However, a jetbike's inability to Run is applied on a model-by-model basis. As page 45 says: "Bikes and Jetbikes cannot Run," and Bike and Jetbike are model types, not unit types.

So you declare you're going to shoot-and-run, or run-and-shoot (which you can do because everybody in the unit has Battle Focus), and when it comes time to run, the Jetbike farseer's inability to Run kicks in and he simply doesn't run.

Now ... whether you can declare a Run move and a Turbo-Boost move at the same time, I ... actually don't immediately see a great argument either way. I'd certainly be inclined to allow it as an opponent, though.