30 Hormoguants
30 Hormoguants
30 Hormoguants
30 Termaguants
Trygon Prime
Trygon Prime
Trygon Prime
Awgis Defense Line with Comm Relay

This gives me some points to play with and I can always lower the count on the hormoguants if I need to.

The idea is to deep strike the trygons. I am not sure how it will compare to my old deepstrike bug list. The loss of the Doom really hurt as he was the ultimate utility player.

A couple of thoughts about the codex and how this army may play:
1. I really like the shadow in the warp change. Instead of just focusing on anti psychic it now creates a leadership problem for people. The -3 to leadership combined with the psychic scream nova power could be extremely effective. On a flying tyrant I could see this being very effective. 4 shots at getting it seems o be a 50/50 proposition. Used correctly though I could see it being very effective.
2. Bio Artifacts - I keep looking at these and thinking that despite the costs they are really useful. A 2+ armor save on a trygon prime or flyrant for a turn could be very critical.
3. I need to test out the hormoguants. I don't think they will really kill much but 90 of them should make it across the field and tie stuff up until I can get their with the heavy hitters.
4. The coms relay means I come in on turn 2 with everything reliably and give cover to my hordes first turn. Heck you may not even be able to see my bugs first turn.
5. The basic list has nothing to deal with the big lords of war heavy hitters. A revenant goes through this list as do some of the other serious ones. I thik this means that if D weapons are in tournaments the bug player is going to have to buy and put in counters specifically for it.

Thoughts?

Halollet
01-19-2014, 12:31 PM
I actually really like it. Reminds me of the way I played in 3rd edition.

I think you'll need to play test it and see how it goes.

I really can't think of anything to really change. Play it and let us know how it went and what you had troubles with.

Cause right now I think you can just tie up the whole opposing army and just eat them off the table!