PDA

View Full Version : 1650 first tyranid list

Alex
01-18-2014, 07:24 PM
Hi all. Trying to devise a list with all requirements an my local points level of 1650. To be honest, not sure if I'm completely happy with it but hoping a set of new eyes could offer any alternatives.

HQ.
Hive tyrant x2 tyrant guard - 265

TROOPS.
Tervigon - 195
x30 termagants - 120

ELITE.
Haruspex - 160
x2 venomthrope - 90
x3 Zoanthrope - 150

FAST ATTACK.
Hive crone - 155
Hive crone - 155

HEAVY SUPPORT.
x2 carnifex - 240
x3 Biovores - 120

Total - 1650

I've kept everything cheap to see if that is the key to the new book. Hive tyrant mainly there for advancing synapse and punch. Tervigon for back field synapse and objective camping. Running termagants and venomthrope close to carnifex, tyrant and haruspex for 3+ cover saves. Zoanthrope for punch and back up synapse. Biovores with tervigon and crones doing their thing*

All insight most welcome.

Gleipnir
01-18-2014, 10:48 PM
Will need more troops for objectives. 2-3 turns of a single Tervigon's birthings won't be effective enough at getting downfield in sufficient numbers fast enough particularly if you are keeping the Tervigon on objectives in the backfield.

Still not sold on all the love for the Hive Crone yes its good for taking out vehicular flyers, but a Flyrant w/ twin Devourers still has more to offer for the points(2 psyker powers, synapse, better WS and BS and armor), and Harpy is far superior at taking out infantry (w/ options for 2 large blast shooting attacks every turn whether swooping or gliding and better Assault capabilities)

Biovores work great if you can keep them from being shot off the board and in synapse range(either in a fortification where IB wont matter or Out of Line of sight w/ a synapse beastie nearby, nice job for Zoanthropes since only 1 of up to 3 needs line of sight for all their Warp Blasts)

Also better off running the carnifexes as 2 separate broods of 1 for IB when FoC allows

I'd lose the Tyrant Guard and Hive Crones for a pair of Flyrants w/ Dual Twin linked Devourers (12 STR 6 shots w/ rerolls at BS4) at 230 apiece and drop a Venomthrope and Zoanthrope which ultimately frees up an additional 210 points which can be put into even more Termagaunt Troops and upgrading starting Termagaunt Troops to carry Devourers which for doubling the cost of a Gant you get triple the firepower at longer range.(Bury them to the back of the units to lose the gants carrying fleshborers, and spike rifiles or spine fists first)

Halollet
01-19-2014, 12:37 PM
my 2 cents

There's nothing really wow in the list. I think you need things like Adrenal glands to help get your things across the table because right now you're lurching. A highly mobile army like Tau or Eldar is just going to fly around you and you'll never be able to catch them.

I would find some points add some heavy venom cannons for your fexes and/or tyrant. If you give your tyrant adrenal glands, bonesword and whip and adrenal glands to the haruspex then I would put heavy venoms on the fexs to knock out the transports so they can't get away.

You also need more troops. Definatly more troops.

What you drop, is up to you. Its not going to be pretty but right now you have lots of mediocre units and few scoring ones. Its not going to be an easy win with the list you have.... sorry :(

Alex
01-22-2014, 05:07 PM
Ok i've had a re think. Once I started changing things it altered the whole dynamic of the list so i've basically started a new list. Tervigon, Biovores back field objectives. infiltrating broodlord horror bomb. Tyrant and crones doing what they do best and the rest advance under layered cover saves. All advise very welcome.

HQ.
Hive tyrant, wings, x2 TL devourers - 230

TROOPS.
x5 tyranid warrior x4 rending claws - 170
x5 genestealers, broodlord - 130
x30 hormagaunts, toxin sacs - 240
x30 termagants - 120
Tervigon - 195

ELITE.
Venomthrope - 45
Venomthrope - 45
Venomthrope - 45

FAST ATTACK.
Hive crone - 155
Hive crone - 155

HEAVY SUPPORT.
x3 Biovores - 120

Total - 1650.

Angelofblades
01-22-2014, 06:01 PM
I think that 3 Venomthropes is a bit much at these points level. What I don't see doing much in your list is the 5 stealers and the broodlord.

I would drop that an a single Venomthrope and swap it out for an exocrine (170pts) or try to fit a tyranofex in there.

That way you have a MC stomping up the field alongside the small bugs, not just the Flyrant, who is sure to draw alot of fire.