View Full Version : [2000] Tyranids - Doubles

Akaiyou
01-18-2014, 06:08 PM
Two test games in, feels like Tyranid assault is dead in the water. But Tyranid shooting on the other hand is improved. -_- i like shooty nids but sucks when I need to decline challenges cuz my guys can't take on characters from enemy armies. This is a revision of my first 'test' list which had more assault elements in it, switched those out for more shooting. So anyone else play testing their nids to figure out the best way to 'evolve' their army?

2000 Pts - Tyranids Roster - Doubles

HQ:
2 Tyrant Guard, 100 pts

2 Tyrant Guard, 100 pts

1 Hive Tyrant, 215 pts
Bonesword & Lashwhip; Venom Cannon; Electroshock Grubs

1 Hive Tyrant, 215 pts
Bonesword & Lashwhip; Venom Cannon; Electroshock Grubs

Elites:
2 Hive Guard, 110 pts

2 Hive Guard, 110 pts

Troops:
10 Genestealer, 170 pts
Toxin Sacs
1 Broodlord, 70 pts
Toxin Sacs

10 Genestealer, 170 pts
Toxin Sacs
1 Broodlord, 70 pts
Toxin Sacs

10 Genestealer, 170 pts
Toxin Sacs
1 Broodlord, 70 pts
Toxin Sacs

Heavy Support:
1 Tyrannofex, 215 pts
Acid Spray; Stinger Salvo; Electroshock Grubs; Regeneration

1 Tyrannofex, 215 pts
Acid Spray; Stinger Salvo; Electroshock Grubs; Regeneration

Total Roster Cost: 2000

I find that the lack of flesh hooks on the key assault units seals the deal on assault. The high initiative gets ****ted on by enemies hiding in terrain.

Tyrannofexes are quite nice now.

Electroshock Grubs is awesome!

My original list had more upgrades on the walk tyrants Indescribable Horror; Old Adversary which were largely useless.
Aswell as another 10 man unit of genestealers with toxin sacs, which like the rest of the stealers got stuck striking at i1 thanks to terrain.
Also had adrenal glands on the tyrannofexes which proved useful in getting them to the enemy faster to use the flamers thanks to fleet but i feel like maybe it is not absolutely necessary tho it was nice.