PDA

View Full Version : The Hive Strengthens!

Tynskel
01-17-2014, 05:41 PM
Getting Larger...

497/500
HQ 150
150 Optimus Prime
—Prime, Toxin Sacs, Twin-Boneswords, Spinefists

TROOPS 132
60 Termagants
—15 Gaunts
72 Termagants
—15 Gaunts, 3 Devourers, 12 Spike Rifles (18" range)

ELITES 45
45 Venomthrope

Hv SUPPORT 170
170 Exocrine

Akaiyou
01-18-2014, 06:17 PM
I'm not liking that prime, he's expensive and will do very little for you.

The termagant unit seems interesting, i haven't tested out the spike rifle yet.

The venomthrope is really really nice you should probably join the prime to him. I play tested these dudes and found that shrouded bonus to be invaluable

No comment on the exocrine, don't own one.

Overall the list seems like it can work as long as you aren't fighting anything that's got strong melee.

Tynskel
01-31-2014, 05:36 PM
Well, the Prime will take care of almost anything strong in melee. Re-rolling to wound poison (in most cases), AP3, instant death on 6. Her firepower is a crap ton of shots at 12", good to match the fleshborers at 12".

The Spike Rifles and Devourers seem like a good combo due to 18" range.
Exocrine is simply for Str 7AP2 and Monsterous Creature goodness.

CrimsonTurkey
01-31-2014, 06:26 PM
Any opponent is going to take out that prime first, which shouldn't be too hard, at which point you have no synapse. I'd drop some of the gants for a unit of warriors, or trade the exocrine for a tyrant or unit of zoanthropes.

Tynskel
02-01-2014, 12:44 PM
Any opponent is going to take out that prime first, which shouldn't be too hard, at which point you have no synapse. I'd drop some of the gants for a unit of warriors, or trade the exocrine for a tyrant or unit of zoanthropes.

that's possible. at the same time, 500 points. I would totally believe you at 1000, for sure. But, at 500, there are lots of ways to hide the prime, not to mention, it gets a 2+ Look Out Sir.

Saxif
02-02-2014, 05:50 AM
Split your 30 termies into 3 units, then they can grab objectives easier and your opponent needs to split fire.

Is that Prime really better than a Hive Tyrant? He is only 15 points cheaper. It might be better to drop the exocrine and take 3 bio ores and a zoanthrope, which is about the same cost. Exchanging one useful unit for 4 useful units is good, especially as you can run the biovores as individual units.

Halollet
02-02-2014, 10:27 AM
I, honestly, really like your list. The HQ is hidden and has bodies to help it in assault, you have a big hitter, you have a screen, and you have better cover saves for everyone and a really big MC to hid it behind.

I wouldn't touch a thing!

Let us know how it plays out!