PDA

View Full Version : [Tyr] 4fun deathmatch vs tau (only crisises, broadsides, riptides)

Nicochan
01-17-2014, 05:12 PM
Hi guys..so, this is for a deathmatch 4fun game..no objectives, just kill (and eat)

Swarmlord 285
2 guards 100
Flying dakkarant 230

11+10+10 terma 124
3 warriors (glands, rending claws, 2 devourers, 1 barbed) 140
3 warriors (glands, rending claws, 2 devourers, 1 barbed) 140

1 zoan 50
1 zoan 50
2 venomthropes 90

2 mawlocks 280
2 biovores 80

20 gargoyles 120
2 hive crones 310

TOT: 1999

The idea is giving a lot of possible targets, and all the units can be a threat.

Swarmlord+guards, the zoanthropes and the venomthrope will provide synapse and (hopefully) catalisys/onslaught to gargoyles, termas, and warriors.

Warriors and biovores will try to pin someone.

The FMCs will deploy hidden in my deployment area, and will begin to move to my opponent's side on turn 2.

Mawlocks will try to deep strike and make some damage, and will take some fire on them while my other units move.

I have no synapse issues, a nice swarm/MC mix, some nice shooting, a lot of targets, 7 psychic powers..

What do you think?

Gleipnir
01-17-2014, 08:29 PM
I think without objectives Tau will just castle his Warlord, Riptides and Broadsides in a corner and prioritize removing your biovores and warriors, then deep strike down crisis suits in your deployment area turn two to eliminate other lynchpins like the Zoanthropes and venomthropes, while the mawlocs will kill some broadsides and drones they also will either mishap potentially dead, and if they don't the riptides/commander will remove them when they appear, meanwhile your ground forces still have 2-3 more turns of sloggin to reach the corner of the board.

Flyers get into smart missile range turn 3 and start dropping starting with the flyrant then proceeding to eliminate the last of the synapse web likely just a few warriors zoanthropes and Swarmy who is still at least 2 turns from seeing a fight, at which point the gargoyles have gone to ground and the termagants are falling back

I wouldn't hold back your flyers especially in the scenario you laid out as an extra turn of action while mawlocs have appeared could potentially make a difference in getting the gargoyles that much closer and potentially able to tarpit the riptides thus buying swarmy a better opportunity to get stuck in, also for scenario you laid out harpies with pinning cannons and spore mines would be more effective than hive crones