PDA

View Full Version : 1650 point Imperial Fists Uni Tourney Army

KnightEagle
01-17-2014, 04:02 PM
Hi all, I have signed up and I'm currently gearing up for a warhammer 40k tourney between university societies in the UK. I haven't been to any tourneys yet with the current space marine codex so I was hoping for some constructive criticism of my army list as it stands. So bring on the list:

Nb. As for escalation, stronghold assault etc. the rules pack was made before all that was released, so we are waiting on an update

1650 point Space Marine Tournament Army:
HQ:
Captain Darnath Lysander: 230 points

TROOPS:
Tactical Squad (10 men): 205 points
Combi-Melta
Meltagun
Heavy Bolter
Rhino

Tactical Squad (10 men): 210 points
Combi-Plasma
Plasma Gun
Heavy Bolter
Rhino

Tactical Squad (10 men): 235 points
Combi-Grav
Grav-Gun
Plasma Cannon
Razorback

ELITES:
Terminator Squad (5 men): 205 points
Flamer

FAST ATTACK:
Stormtalon Gunship: 145 points
Twin-Linked Lascannon

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Devastator Squad (5 men): 170 points
4 Missile Launchers (with Flakk Missiles)

Land Raider Redeemer: 250 points
Multi-Melta

Total: 1650 points

(As you might be able to guess by my HQ, the chapter tactics im using are imperial fists)

SON OF ROMULOUS
01-17-2014, 04:31 PM
on the storm talon swap the las for skyhammer missiles drop the flakk. i despise flakk missiles they were such a nice option had they been given for free instead of costing an arm and a leg. i'd say your better much better served getting the points together to use an aegis and a flakk gun or a bastion andflakk gun. flakk missiles just suck. As for the talon i go with skyhammer due to price as well as more shots your already bs4 so twin linked isnt really worth it for me.

Katharon
01-17-2014, 08:01 PM
I would disagree with SoR on flakk missiles sucking. They've paid dividends for me. I would however say that, if you're taking a squad of 4 MLs on Devs, then drop the Stormtalon altogether and give yourself an extra troop choice, like a scout squad with sniper rifles or something? Also, I myself would never take Lyzander in a points value game this low. He is a big point sink and could easily be replaced by a Librarian.

SON OF ROMULOUS
01-18-2014, 09:06 PM
those 4 missile alone get you 90% of the way to taking an aegis or even the stalker which is a better AA option then having your anti tank shoot at an aerial target.

Katharon
01-19-2014, 09:22 AM
those 4 missile alone get you 90% of the way to taking an aegis or even the stalker which is a better AA option then having your anti tank shoot at an aerial target.

Again, I'd disagree. The versatility that that unit gives is hard to be with a ADL or even a Stalker.

SON OF ROMULOUS
01-20-2014, 06:38 PM
Completely disagree that unit can engage one unit per turn and one unit alone. your paying 60 points for versatility. when you could take those same 60 points and invest them into another unit. your spending 60 points for a str7 missile launcher thats not twin linked. take those same 60 points and now you have a str7 ap4 twin linked quad gun that can be fired by the squad or that can target another unit independantly its twin linked after all. your also purchasing a unit that now has cover thanks to the aegis or bunker whih ever you prefer. as a whole those 60 points have now been spent doing what? turn 1 they cannot shoot as their will be no fliers on the table minus the new nids and their monsterous flying creatures. but every other armies fliers are in reserves. so they come on turn 2 at the earliest. say they only have a few fliers what happens once you've killed that flier? your 60points investment sits there and isnt used for the rest of the game. all of the fliers are dead so that 60 points now sits there dong nothing because your not shooting flakk at bodies or tanks your shooting frag and krak.

n\Now take that same 60 invest it in a quad gun your gainning 4 str7 ap4 shots that are twinlinked and will be firing from turn 1 on. I'm not seeing a single situation in whih i would rather invest 60 points in flakk missiles that i would not have preferred to place them into a quad gun or even another storm talon all of whih are better options compared to the useless flakk missile.

KAPcom
01-28-2014, 11:58 AM
Honestly, one of the best units for imperial fists is a lascannon devastator squad. Tankhunter on lascannons is just great. Also, by taking an ageis line with a quad gun, the dev squad can sit on the quad gun, giving the gun tankhunter as well. Also, the line will give all your infantry some cover that it'll need.