PDA

View Full Version : Tyranid Supplements

Gleipnir
01-17-2014, 06:17 AM
Been hearing rumors of 3 planned Supplements for the Nids with Leviathan, Kraken and Behemoth being most likely. Though it may just be a large digital Dataslate (akin to what we saw with Cypher)

Probably wishful thinking but maybe we get some alternate biomorph selections with each supplement.

Perhaps something to give +1-2 Toughness or +1 Armor, but you are restricted from choosing the Biomorphs from core codex(as was done with Farsight codex). An additional set of Bio-artifacts or alternate Warlord table are also all standard supplement fare.

Perhaps a profile for changing one Genestealer Brood in the detachment into Ymargl

John Bower
01-17-2014, 06:30 AM
Maybe we'll get the Doom back....

Anggul
01-17-2014, 07:04 AM
Maybe we'll get the Doom back....

I hope not, I'm still annoyed that they even included a mention of it in the codex at all, I was hoping all traces of it would be removed. That thing is an affront to the fluff of both Tyranids and Eldar alike, and it was very boring in-game for both sides.

Daniel Abel
01-17-2014, 09:30 AM
I hope not, I'm still annoyed that they even included a mention of it in the codex at all, I was hoping all traces of it would be removed. That thing is an affront to the fluff of both Tyranids and Eldar alike, and it was very boring in-game for both sides.

Aww muffin sounds like Doom has made you lose a couple games? Well no worries nids lost all their deepstrikigng capability so you are sure to win your games now.

jifel
01-17-2014, 12:23 PM
The first one has been revealed in the WD, it is a dataslare not supplement that focuses on Stealers/Lictors/other vanguard organisms. The other two will likely not be "Hive fleet" supplements, but it would be nice...

Tyrendian
01-17-2014, 12:23 PM

THIS! very much so!
Ymgarls would be cool tho...

rogueaccount
01-17-2014, 01:13 PM

I would take the Doom just to troll my good friend. He'd come so unhinged over that unit...every...single...time. But that's ok because he plays the hard counter to bugs, Venom Spam Dark Eldar.

Big_jon
01-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Aww muffin sounds like Doom has made you lose a couple games? Well no worries nids lost all their deepstrikigng capability so you are sure to win your games now.

Or he was just an overpowered lazy crutch? I used him once, he was OP, any Nid player who'd make use of him every game probably should have given a try to not always playing with a crutch.

Also, don't be a dick.

daboarder
01-17-2014, 04:19 PM
aww you can spell crutch, what a wonderful buzz word. You sure told him you keyboard warrior you.

SON OF ROMULOUS
01-17-2014, 04:25 PM
I'd like to se suppliments but what would you really put as a suppliment? GW would give you a few new relics maybe move some units to troops ect but what would they really move? would they get a shortened release like eldar or sm? or chaos and tau? because if you look at what they have done since sentinels of terra dropped they haven't released anything else that wasn't a data slate.

daboarder
01-17-2014, 05:37 PM
The second tyranic war would probably be the easiest supplement to cover. Kraken always operated differently to behemoth and leviathan, with more emphasis on the vanguard elements and seeding swarms

Anggul
01-17-2014, 06:47 PM

Actually I played Tyranids almost constantly. I refused to use it because it made no sense in fluff and was a boring unit to use.

At no point have I ever played against it, but due to how it works and judging by every single time I've seen it in a game, it either takes chunks out of the enemy army without any actual thought involved (no fun for either player) or dies quickly without accomplishing anything (again, no fun for either player). It was a dull unit and the fluff was an affront to the fluff of my two favourite armies, Tyranids and Eldar.

Big_jon
01-17-2014, 07:34 PM
aww you can spell crutch, what a wonderful buzz word. You sure told him you keyboard warrior you.

are you trying to attack me because my opinion differs from yours? I'd expect a little more from you, don't be a condescending jerk.

daboarder
01-17-2014, 07:39 PM
ah nevermind mate, It just irritates me when people throw crap like Crutch and WAAC and OP around in places it had no point being to justify armies getting the shaft.