PDA

View Full Version : Weird Eldar/Dark Eldar list and a game against Blood Angels...

Lost Vyper
01-16-2014, 07:01 AM
Weird list is a go!

Hello, yaīll, itīs Lost Vyper back at it again. My friend multiplied (had a child :D ) and after a brief hiatus, we were back on the WH40K -gaming today. 2500p was the army size and i had Eldar/Dark Eldar Allies and he had Blood Angels with Inqvisitiion Warlord Ordo Somedude….
I built a list, where the main focus was on units i handīt played in a looooong time (read: mostly CC-units). This is as i remember it, iīm at work, donīt dare to pick up the list or the manual...

HQ:

Eldrad (WL) (Warlord trait was Outflanking)
Farseer (Bike,Mantle,SS)
Autarch (Fusion Gun, Banshee Mask)

TROOP:

2 x (5 x Rangers)
2 x (3 x Jetbikes)

ELITE:

9 x Howling Banshee + Exarch (Disarm,Executioner) + WS (Holo + tlScatter)
9 x Striking Scorpion + Exarch (Claw) + WS (Holo, tlBL, Ghostwalk Matrix)

FAST:

6 x Swooping Hawks
3 x Hornets (Scatter+Pulse Laser) (315p!)

HEAVY:

4 x Dark Reaper + Exarch (better Missile, FS,NW) manning the Icarus on the Aegis

ALLIES:

HQ:

Baron Sathonyx

TROOP:

9 x Hellion + Helliarch (Stunclaw)

ELITE:

5 x Trueborn (3 x Blaster & 2 x Splinter Cannon) + Venom (2 x Splinter Cannon, Grisly Trophies)

He had

Mephiston, Death Company, DC Dred, 2 x (5 x Veterans, the WS poppers),Ordo, 2 x (10 x ***.Marines with Jump packs), 2 x Stormchickens (great, the one time i DONīt bring the Crimsons…) Vindicator(!)...

Yeah…

I was mentally prepared just a narrative, fun, fluffy game and by no means wasnīt expecting victory…He had me going in first…iīm not going to go by every turn, but to summarize what happened…He had ***.Marines + Ordo hiding in one building and the 1st round was uneventful and it was THE ONLY Red Thirsting squad of course...

Second Turn i poured, let us count here…WS (4 Scatter shots, 3 Shield), Hornets (12 Scatter shots + 6 Pulse Lasers), Venoms (12 Splinter Cannon shots), Baron + Hellions (22 Splinter Pod shots) = 40 shots with 3+ save + FNP and 6 shots 4+ cover…he lost about 3-5 dudes…he made 90% of his FNPīs!! After that, i had a clear shot for the Warlord, with 2 wounds left…i shot the Icarus (2 shots with FS) + 6 x S5 AP3 (one DR was out of range)…he failed one of the 3+…now, two wounds from the Icarus…no re-rolls…insta-gib…he THREW TWO FOURS!!! That s***kicker!!! It should have been First Blood AND Slay The Warlord…

Yeah…

Fun & fluffy game was momentarily over :mad:, but soon i was back in business, just shaking my head in disbelief. Game went accordingly that last turn, he made STILL 90% of his FNPīs, in the end, all i had left was one Trueborn and 3 Scorpions…Banshees got Mephistoned as did the DRīs. Yep, now its tested (even going against the wrong target here), that the Banshees are permanently shelved, Scorpions at least wrecked the Vindicator and have the 3+ armorsave…lost the game 6-1, dicegods didnīt even show their a** in my direction, my friendīs rolling was steaming hot today…

FUN:

- Hornets, now i remember again why i bought those, AV11 and Jink = Surviving unit, were wrecked in turn 5…
- Scorpions (love the band too, the 80īs stuff…:p ), should have Infiltrated these, but, hey, there you go
- Mantle Of The Laughing God, Hit & Run is GREAT!
- Haywireīs on the Hawks, caused two hull points to Dred, before flamed to kingdom come, one pen when he assaulted, but threw a 1…yep…
- Rangers, when thereīs no flamers, Battle Focus + Pistols = Some dead Death Company dudes
- Venom!!! Blasters!!! --> Permanently in my DE-allies list…
- Fun to try something else, now back to Iyanden...

NOT FUN:

- Poor rolling --> other player rolling hot, just gets to me…every time…
- Baron and his Shadowfield…now he died on the fourth roll thou…
- Eldrad not Eternal Warrior --> Insta Gibbed again
- Banshees…i am absolutely sure, that someone just forgot about the Plasma Grenades…
- Two bomb drops on Hawks, both missed by almost maximum amount (see bad rolling :) )
- Few baaad mistakes (feeding the Banshees to Meph, feeding bikes to 4(!) marines, separating Eldrad from the Scorpions)

All & all, had a nice redux with my friend and both agreed, that he rolled hot today. If not, might have been a very close game!

- Lost Vyper

Pssyche
01-16-2014, 07:40 AM
I appreciate that you dont have your list readily available, but why are you paying 315 points for three Hornets with Scatter Laser/Pulse Laser load out?
Have you given them Vehicle Upgrades that you haven't mentioned?

Lost Vyper
01-16-2014, 08:37 AM
Boss ainīt looking, peeping the list...105p a piece, Scatter Laser + Pulse Laser. Star Engines come stock, 3 x 105p = 315p...I was anticipating Terminators, and if i drop one Pulse Laser for another Scatter, it would be (canīt remember the exact amount) only 10-20p less / Hornet. Again, wanted to play the damn things, not thinking about the points they cost :)

Pssyche
01-17-2014, 06:36 AM
Boss ainīt looking, peeping the list...105p a piece, Scatter Laser + Pulse Laser. Star Engines come stock, 3 x 105p = 315p...I was anticipating Terminators, and if i drop one Pulse Laser for another Scatter, it would be (canīt remember the exact amount) only 10-20p less / Hornet. Again, wanted to play the damn things, not thinking about the points they cost :)

You may want to get yourself a copy of Imperial Armour Apocalypse that came out last year.
It has the collected and updated Eldar Forge World Rules.

The Hornet is now 70pts. Scatter Laser 5 pts. Pulse Laser 5 pts.
Scatter Laser/Pulse Laser Hornet 80 pts.
Squadron of three = 240 pts.

Edit: I forgot to mention their new "Skimmer Assault" Special Rule.
If you move Flat Out in your Shooting Phase, you can still then fire all your Weapons as Snap Shots!!!

Edit: Forgot to mention their new "Skimmer Assault Special Rule"
If you move Flat Out in your Shooting Phase, you can then fire all Weapons as Snap Shots!!!

You've saved 75 pts compared to the previous "Doom of Mymeara" Datasheet, if you find another 5pts you've got FOUR!!!

Happy Hornet Day, Vyper!!!

Da Gargoyle
01-19-2014, 02:28 AM
Edit: Forgot to mention their new "Skimmer Assault Special Rule"
If you move Flat Out in your Shooting Phase, you can then fire all Weapons as Snap Shots!!!

Where is this rule I ask breathlessly, is it just for Hornets and a product of forge world? I am experimenting with Vypers and an all skimmer run out. I also wonder if remembered the laser lock for the scatter lasers on the Hornets? Shoot SL first then re-roll misses with the pulse laser.

I fit a Shuriken Cannon under a Vyper and a Scatter Laser up top. Good anti infantry and nasty on monsters and HQ dudes. Skimmer Assault would make things scary.